turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

Misty18...yep and I am sure that H&R Blockheads and every other tax preparation software company is saying the same thing.  They ask the question but they did not program the software to search for the form.  It is real simple computer programming....If a customer answers "yes" to whether or not they had full medical coverage for the entire year you program for two scenarios - 1) did you receive assistance through the healthcare act.  If yes, check for form 1095, if no continue.  2) if you did not receive assistance through the healthcare act, continue.  Any person with basic computer programming can write a code to do this on the form level of their application.

Refund

Hi just curious did you file regular and standard taxes or did you itemize cuz sometimes it takes longer if you itemized and also if you e-file your taxes depending on how late you were filing them it could take longer and also if you have itemized deductions sometimes they will require certain information before your stuff can be filed Blakely or it could possibly be that you owe a hospital money or something like that and they're just say it'll keep saying pending pending and that's what happened to me last year I receive nothing last year in Federal because of it they took my whole federal taxes because of a hospital bill that I hadn't paid so it could be a variety of stuff I would prefer to say it's either they're going to audit you or they're going to take it for a hospital bill or something like that or the fact that you waited a while to file them I hope this helps! That is if you've not already received them since you sent this question out

Refund

@qdv24vaughn 

Yes, do you have any EITC ? If so, the processing time will be longer. That’s how it is for me. I have EITC and I E-filed on 1/28 and that’s my process as well, except the path part. It’s still saying it’s being being processed. Yesterday I was went into the get live help-and typed in “where’s my refund” and it told me “congratulations your refund is on its way!!” 

Refund

Its not letting me see anything to do with my refund 

Refund

Filed and excepted Feb 1, 2020. Expected date said Feb 22,2020 and file with earned income credit. Read that it said should get my refund deposited the 1st week of March and still NOTHING. My status still says processing. Called IRS and all you get told is exactly what it says when you use the refund tool and it then takes you to IRS.gov. The phone call also said still processing. It has now been 42 days and I am still waiting! Sure wish I knew what was going on and when I will get my much needed money!

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

You can try calling the WMR automated hotline:1-800-829-1954 or visit the IRS website.    

Tax returns can disappear from WMR while they are being processed.    

Please see below.    

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund ...   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

@zekegoobermax

Turbo Tax will not have a status on your refund. If the IRS website says processing, this means they are working on it.

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/use-the-wheres-my-refund-tool Tax Season

Refund Frequently Asked Questions https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Please see this video on your refund status. What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVYONZQMhW0

cwtx72
Returning Member

Refund

Mine was accepted on 2/1/2020 with expected refund on 2/22/2020, but I get the same thing as the rest of you, still being processed, both my daughters got there's back in just 21 days, but they used H&R Block

Refund

@Tippylu23  did you check the irs track my refund and your state website to track your state refund ? 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

@cwtx72 Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process. The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

Please see the link below for more information:

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? - TurboTax Support Video

Why do some refunds take longer than others?

Refund

I am single.  I do not file with EITC.  My daughter who has a baby filed with EITC and got her refund 3 days after they started processing returns with EITC.  Just admit it Turbo Tax screwed the pooch this year and a lot of taxpayers are suffering because the software let a lot of returns through without the 1095 and that is what is causing the delay for a lot of people like myself.  I received a call from the tax advocate this morning and I should receive my refund on 03/18.  One month after I sent them the 1095/8962 forms.

Refund

They are going by people’s transcript numbers. I filed January 30 excepted the same day. Called irs in feb an the beginning of March an they told me I was on a 60 day review an I’m supposed to receive a letter March 16th. I got up this morning checked my transcript an it was updated to my refund issue date is March 18th. So anyone who has a transcript number of 20200805 will get theirs 18th as long is nothing is wrong. Transcript number 20200905 they start processing March 16th an you will receive yours the following Wednesday. 20201005 will start processing March 23 an you will receive your the following Wednesday of that date.. an so fourth! They are three weeks behind on returns an when they open season it flagged people that should have never been flagged. I know it’s a long wait but it’s coming. An if y’all can get your transcript numbers you can figure when you will receive your money as long as everything is fine. Good luck 

Refund

Is there definitive proof that they are going by transcript numbers?  I have heard this before but yet no one can confirm this is in fact the case as to why so many people haven't gotten their refunds.  I filed and was accepted on 01/26.  There are way too many variances in filing dates to make that assumption.

Refund

Thank you for the information you're more helpful then the IRS. I haven't gotten a transcript they told me no letters was being since out to me they trying identifying my income. Now I been at the same job for 6 years  with a well know hospital and have been filing with turbotax for 9. I'm not sure what there issue is and they are no help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refund

@Misty18 I am not sure I have the correct numbers to call for the IRS. Once I get through and am put on hold, it drops the call after 5 minutes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies