Why is there no record of my return at Where's My ...

United States of AmericaEnglishEN

Pick a language

CanadaEnglish CanadaFrançais
TurboTax Help
Intuit

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

Here are a few reasons why you may be getting the following message at Where's My Refund?

We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.

• Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
    • If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait 4 weeks before using WMR.
  • If it's late January or early February, WMR can be overwhelmed by early filers. Call the WMR automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954.

And finally, you can't track your amended refund at WMR. Instead, go to Where's My Amended Return? to track. 

Tip: If you see the message You may not have entered your information correctly, select the Re-Enter button to try again. In particular, make sure you enter your exact federal refund dollar amount. You can get this number from your Form 1040, line 35a.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post