Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

@Anonymous  Call 1-877-777-4778 for tax advocate see if they can help you!

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

The right number to call the IRS is1-800-829-1040. There is a high call volume.    

When calling the IRS do NOT choose Option 1.   

Choose Option 2 after you choose the language.   

Then Press 1    

Then Press 3   

Then Press 2, it will then transfer you to an agent.

@Anonymous

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refund

@AkinaLO Yes, I will keep trying, but after 5 minutes it cuts the call off. Tried from cell and work phone. I will keep trying, thank you.

Refund

Ya I will never use turbo tax again

Refund

so I got my state tax but still waiting on my federal is that a good thing if I got my state already??

Refund

I filed on Jan 22,  accepted  by IRS on Jan, 27. Turbotax  date was Feb 17. Unable  to talk to turbotax.  I got  a letter from IRS on March 9 stating it could take up to 60 days more due to tax act verification and  not  to call the IRS unless over the 60 day mark. I will never use turbotax tax again.  Especially when they will not talk to you on the phone. 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Refund

@Mike230  Unfortunately, the fact that your state has issued the refund has no bearing on when the IRS will do so.  If you have questions on the status of your refund, you will have to contact the IRS, following the suggestions provided on previous posts on this thread.

Refund

Refund

@Candymsb8 mine is the exact same situation. I get my refund next Wednesday as well after 45 day review. No letter as they said. Nothing was wrong. They were just behind it did need to verify my income is what they said to me

Refund

Oh my it just sounds like bs to me like how many years taxes been giving out refunds. They should just stay they back instead of giving us the first excuse they need to verify income. But guess nothing we can do but wait

Butch1936

Refund

Mailed return and later realized I had not completed form 8824, tax delayed 1031 real estate exchange. After much searching, finally found advice to await refund then file amended

return. No difference in refund amount.

Refund

I am well past 21 day excepted  2/6/20. Now 3/13/20 and you cant get through  to call anybody just automated and take me to the same info as if I just were to check it on the app

Refund

@Anonymous  If you want a tax advocate do not call the [phone number removed] call that number I told you to call. The irs number will not get you to an advocate in my past experience 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Refund

To contact the IRS, please follow the instructions here

Refund

If you feel like this was a violation of your Taxpayer Bill Of Rights one being the Right To Be Informed, then contact the following committees and voice your dissatisfaction.  They conduct oversight on what the IRS does. You're a taxpayer and Congress made the rights above to make the IRS become more transparent with taxpayers.

Ways and Means Committee: [removed]

Senate Finance Committee: [removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies