Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I have accidentally put in the wrong account number for my return. How do i change this?

Since you entered incorrect banking information your refund will most likely come by paper check.

If your tax return was accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  It could take up to six weeks to receive a paper check.  No need for inquiries to the IRS prior to six weeks.

@gloriacabuco55

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gloriacabuco55
Returning Member

I have accidentally put in the wrong account number for my return. How do i change this?

My federal is not here yet--and here my account  [removed] and [removed]--Chase")

gloriacabuco55
Returning Member

Thank you very much --and i will be waiting for it-- and thank you again

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Your personal information has been removed for privacy and security reasons since this is a public forum. Please see What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit? and IRS Refund Inquiries 18.

If the IRS has accepted your e-filed return, you can check the status of your refund by going directly to https://www.irs.gov/refunds.

@gloriacabuco55

gloriacabuco55
Returning Member

it not my son account number or routing number --[removed]--routing --and account is [removed]--is not my account or even my son number or who is this number---please send it back to turbo and you charging me for filing or ruin my turbo tax refund and thank you 

@gloriacabuco55 It seems like you keep trying to enter your bank account information here.  This is a public user forum that can be seen by anyone using the internet.  Do you want to share your bank account information with scammers and identity thieves?  Please stop trying to post your bank account numbers here.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
gloriacabuco55
Returning Member

it show at turbo tax federal  tax--february 24--2022--i never- received my federal tax refund--what is going on?--thank you very much

gloriacabuco55
Returning Member

refund status they received 'February 24,2022"--IRS--i never received it at all--'what is going'--did you reduce--for payment--for--turbo--tax--'and what happen now?--("March 22,2022")("10:22am")--what happen--now?--Thank you very much"

If you entered the wrong bank number and the bank rejects the deposit the bank sends it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will mail a check to the address on your return.  Has the IRS even sent out your refund yet?  They are taking a very long time again this year.  

Were you having the Turbo Tax fees deducted from your refund?  Then it goes though the 3rd party bank TPG to take the fees out.  There is also an extra $40 service charge for that.  

I put the wrong account number routing number on my taxes. What do I need to do to switch it to the right one I filed on my pho e off turbo tax and I switch the 7 on the end and put a 1 on accident. 

Hey

I am facing same issue, what happened  in your case. How did you contacted IRA n update your account number ?

@rajpawar737

You cannot  change banking information while your return is in pending, nor can you change it after the return is accepted.  The IRS does not allow it.

If you e-filed:

Banking information for direct deposit is wrong

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
gloriacabuco55
Returning Member

it was wrong Account number and routing number--wrong)("routing number--#[removed]--and account number--#[removed]"--is not my account number and routing--is someone else--now--is missing--where it went--("since February 24,2022")("Thank you very much")

@rajpawar737 - The IRS does not allow changes to banking information once the return is "accepted" in an effort to mitigate the risk of fraud......

gloriacabuco55
Returning Member

could someone will sign and endorse--or cash it"--"what happened now--"Since February 24,2022")

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies