Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I have accidentally put in the wrong account number for my return. How do i change this?

So Santa Barbara bank mailed you your check?

Wxm1969
Returning Member

I have accidentally put in the wrong account number for my return. How do i change this?

How long will it take for tax refund.

Wxm1969
Returning Member

How long will it take for refund.

Well sorry to say its going to get sent bk an they will hv to issue u another check but mail it to address on file ... Yup

chris L2

I was supposed to get my return direct deposited to my account days ago . I did some digging in my Turbo Tax account info and have found that my routing number and checking acct numbr are completly wrong. Not even one digit similar. Now I am afraid ive been hacked. I dont know what to do. Turbo tax seems to say to contact bank. Bank says contact IRS. IRS says contact tax preparer

@chris L2 wrote:

I was supposed to get my return direct deposited to my account days ago . I did some digging in my Turbo Tax account info and have found that my routing number and checking acct numbr are completly wrong. Not even one digit similar. Now I am afraid ive been hacked. I dont know what to do. Turbo tax seems to say to contact bank. Bank says contact IRS. IRS says contact tax preparer

Did you request to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund?

I put in the wrong account number

@Nichellej55

Did you already e-file?  If you did NOT e-file you can go to the FILE section and change how you want to receive your refund.  If you want direct deposit you need the routing number and your own account number.

You cannot  change banking information while your return is in pending, nor can you change it after the return is accepted.  The IRS does not allow it.

If you e-filed:

Banking information for direct deposit is wrong

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

My scheduled date was, February 24, 2022. Its been over 2 weeks. How do I locate my federal taxes?

I've called, emailed but, have had no response or, refund.

#imbroke 

So how long will it take for me to recive my paper check 

How do I know if the irs sent a check out In the mail bc I messed up the last two number on my account number 

gloriacabuco55
Returning Member

My Federal  Tax Return--It was wrong--account-number---"NOT"--[removed]--[removed])("write account--[removed]--[removed])--Chase")--Checking")

gloriacabuco55
Returning Member

I file--Tax Federal--same--California--Tax return--(Feb 15-2022--and--Federal--Feb 11,2022")

gloriacabuco55
Returning Member

I received-my California Tax refund--$160--March 1--and still--waiting--Federal Refund"--how long it takes'--mailed

@gloriacabuco55 wrote:

I received-my California Tax refund--$160--March 1--and still--waiting--Federal Refund"--how long it takes'--mailed

In normal times, it can take about 6 weeks to receive a Federal refund after filing a paper return in the mail.  However, these are not normal times.   IRS has been behind for a long time due to Covid, staff shortages, etc.   So returns that require manual review might encounter a delay.

NOTE:  You've also posted multiple times in this thread that you entered the wrong account number on your return.   If your bank refuses the direct deposit to the wrong account, it will go back to the IRS who will issue you a check in the mail.   That can add an additional 2 weeks or so to your refund timing.   Remember this is a public Internet forum.   Do not post any sensitive or personal info in this public forum.    Luckily it looks like either the forum privacy filter or a Moderator removed your sensitive info from your previous comments for your protection.

4 weeks after mailing, your refund information may appear in the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool:

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

TIPS when using the IRS WMR tool:

• For efiled returns, be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.  Or if you filed a paper return in postal mail, wait at least 4 weeks after mailing before using it.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.  
  • Also be sure you are using the Federal amount before any TurboTax fees are taken out (if you chose that option.)
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies