turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Shyleea

Non filers registration portal

Last week I registered on the TurboTax site non filers registration portal. Now today the IRS opened their own portal. Directions say to only register there. Do I need to register at their portal? Did I seriously screw up by registering at the TurboTax portal?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

I have the same exact question. Sorry for the response with no answer, i just didnt want to post the same question but still recieve notification of the answer lol. 

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

No, because you registered on the TurboTax portal, you do not need to register again with the IRS if your stimulus registration was accepted by the IRS they have your information already.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Skullman

That's simply not the truth and I'm a non filed and under insight saying I'm not getting a tax refund because I didn't make enough money.it was supposed to be stimulus registration and not a real federal income tax return.Thats why on irs website it's say your eligibility cannot be confirmed at this time.

That is exactly what it said to me also. So now I can't even check nothing about this. Should have waited for irs site. Stupid me.

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

As ReginaM states above if used the TurboTax registration tool and received a notification that it was accepted you are good to go for the stimulus payment.  If you indicated you wanted your payment by direct deposit and entered your banking information the payment will go there. 

The IRS portal is not fully functional yet, there are categories of taxpayer situations that are not covered yet.  The portal updates once a day so just check it once a day for updated information.  

This doesn’t have anything to do with the Non filers registration portal. I need my prior year AGI from 2018 to be able to file my taxes for this year but they are under a different account through turbo tax which I don’t have same email or number anymore to change the password to be able to get into it. I submitted an account recovery but have heard nothing back. I can’t get my agi through the IRS due to not having a credit car or home loan. I need HELP @DMarkM1 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Courtneygibbs If you're having trouble locating your 2018 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2018 return. Both versions will include your AGI. How do I find last year’s AGI?

Please see this link for help doing a account recovery and additional information:

Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account

I did not work for the year of 2019

How do I file for my stimulus using the Turbotax non filers tool and where do I find it or how do I sign onto it?

@Adantesm23 wrote:

How do I file for my stimulus using the Turbotax non filers tool and where do I find it or how do I sign onto it?

There is not a non-filers tool for the third stimulus payment.  You receive the payment directly form the IRS.

Go to this IRS get my payment website - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

For stimulus payments 1 and 2, missing payments are claimed as the recovery rebate on Line 30 of your 2020 tax return.   There is not a sign-up for the 3rd payment.   You don’t need to do anything to get your stimulus check. The IRS will determine eligibility based on your last tax return (either 2019 or 2020) and will likely send your payment to the bank account where your tax refund was deposited.   For more information on the 3rd payment, see this link.  

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies