turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My turbo prepaid card account was closed without my knowledge. I was told the irs closed it so how do i get another card for my taxes to be deposited on?

Yes I keep calling and it just hangs up 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

My turbo prepaid card account was closed without my knowledge. I was told the irs closed it so how do i get another card for my taxes to be deposited on?

• I have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, there is nothing more you need to do. You will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit on 4/15. You can sign in to your account to check your balance here: https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/login 

• I no longer have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you no longer have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, don’t worry. If you have registered your card and know your login credentials, you can request a replacement card by signing in to your Turbo Visa Debit Card account (https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/account/report-lost-or-stolen). If you don’t know your account login information, call 888-285-4169 for assistance. You will not be charged for a replacement card or check; standard fees will be waived or refunded to you.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I just got my card in February. I haven’t used it since early March. Is my card still active??  Please someone help . I can log in but how do you know if account is closed 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

For any assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa, please click here to contact customer service. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Is your turbo prepaid card closed? Because if so they should reject the payment. If you just destroy your card and your account is open still then you can log onto your account and request new card.

Same here, but I hope its closed so they will reject the transaction for mine. But im pretty sure its closed because it says you cannot access the vault anymore and there is no routing number or account number anymore when you log on your account. It should be fine but it would be nice if they set up an option for people who closed their account. 

This just happen to me to and i still have my money on the account.

Mine also just today said the same thing. any ideas if it’ll be fixed? 

My  account was closed yesterday around 7 pm est on 5-23-2020 and i still have money on my card. I tried calling the number on the back of the  ard and kept getting hung up on. What is going on??

Mireya1991
Returning Member

did u got ur money back i have the same problem?

@Mireya1991 wrote:

did u got ur money back i have the same problem?

If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, visit TurboDebitCard.com or call toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

The Turbo Visa Debit Card is provided by Green Dot Corporation and is issued by Green Dot Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Green Dot Corporation is a member service provider for Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation.

My card is saying my account was closed and cannot be reopened what do I do I had money there ?

Why has my TurboTax prepaid card account been closed randomly? I had money in the account .. when will this be fixed? How do i speak with a live person? 

JacobM
Returning Member

this happened to me yesterday, i was told it was because of my unemployment. which is false. my unemployment has no record of me being flagged. yet this is happening en mass to people, i think greendot or turbo card is messing up somewhere and so poorly managed it can barely fix itself. 

who told you it had something to do with unemployment? How do I speak to a real person. This is ridiculous! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies