turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax return was offset. I received the remainder but didn't receive my 1st or 2nd stimulus checks. Will those come later?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

My tax return was offset. I received the remainder but didn't receive my 1st or 2nd stimulus checks. Will those come later?

They should have been included on your 1040 line 30 unless your income was too high to qualify for the stimulus checks.  Was there an amount on line 30?  They may have taken that in the offset too.  You can only get the first 2 rounds on your 2020 return.  So if they weren't on line 30 you can file an amended return.  

Yes I did all that correct. I even called the fiscal company that collect the offset program $..and it was only. 800$.. I received the remainder of my tax return, I qualify for the stimulus checks. I tried to get through to the irs today but that was a dead end. 

How much was your original refund before the offset?  How much was is on line 30?  Are you Single?  If you didn't get the 1st and 2nd Stimulus payments you should have $1,800 (1200+600) on line 30.

If the IRS Adjusted your refund they will send you a letter.  Maybe they think they already sent you the Stimulus payments. How much is still missing?

Yes on line 30.. I have 1800$.. I have not received any of the stimulus money. My original return was 1100$ I am single no dependants. My account on the irs website where you can look at how much of the stimulus money has been sent to me both are $0. So I don't understand why I haven't gotten anything. It's really frustrating.

So after the 800 offset did you get $300?  1,100 - 800 = 300.  The $1,800 Stimulus was included in the $1,100.  Sorry you already got credit for it.  You can't get it again now.

It was used to reduce your tax.  You must have had a 700 tax owed on your income.   Then getting the $1,800 for the Stimulus gave you an 1,100 Refund.  Then they offset 800.  Sorry you can't get more.  The math works out.

cat8haven

I didn’t receive the first two stimulus check in this tax return and that’s all I had to do. Don’t know if I’m receiving mi third one because I worked in 2018 just now filled. Jasmine here

@cat8haven If you used the recovery rebate credit on your 2020 tax return then line 30 of your Form 1040 should show you the EIP payments that you did not yet receive and should get as a refund when the IRS processes your 2020 tax return.

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

TurboTax cannot track your 3rd stimulus or tell you when it will arrive.  The IRS is issuing 3rd stimulus checks on its own timetable.

You can use the IRS Get My Payment site to see what is expected for your 3rd stimulus check:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies