Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Drickmon

My refund is still pending after a week

I e-filed on the 28th... So 4 days ago, and I'm still in pending. I know 3 other people who have filed and their stuff got accepted. I feel like this is unusual that I'm the only one that didn't get accepted and I'm stuck v in pending. Any advice on that? 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Some returns will remain in pending status longer than others while the IRS clears its January backlog. Since each return is different, some will be accepted sooner, even if they filed later. Please click click this TurboTax Help link to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Panda3

That’s what mine says and I filed last Friday. 
I’m nervous because this was my first year filing self employed instead of with a W-2. I really hope I did it all correctly. 

I filed January 31st and am still pending.

mlmoris

im on day three i filed febuary 1st and it is still pending me and all of my family members filed the same day (5) of us and they were all accepted within hours.......

joint800

Filed 2/13 and still waiting

I am at 4 days and I think I know the reason.  It is a simple error where I put the wrong expiration date for my wives drivers license.  I am tempted to e-file the federal again with the correct date but I don't want to mess something up.  Not sure what to do.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

To correct your return, you can amend it. If your return is pending, you won't be able to make any changes until it's accepted or rejected by the IRS. 

• If your return is accepted you can amend your return.
  • If your return is rejected, you can make the necessary changes.

For more information on amending your return, please click the link below.

How do I amend my 2019 TurboTax Online return? - Community

VJG21

First time ever my efile hasn't been accepted within 24 hours.  Going on a week now.  Are others experiencing the same delay?  If so, anyone know why?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@VJG21 Per the IRS website, they will begin accepting and processing 2020 tax year returns on February 12, 2020. Please see this IRS News Release for additional information.

I'm seeing Feb 12th as start of tax season.  Must have been delayed.

JLynnG

Mine is too.  I've never experienced this type of delay.  My returns always have been accepted on the same day as I submitted.  This is concerning.

JLynnG

Just checked IRS website and it shows will start processing on Feb. 12, 2021

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS had to delay the start of the 2020 tax filing season to allow them time to do additional programming and testing of their systems following the December 27 tax law changes that provided a second round of stimulus payments and other benefits. The IRS press release article posted above provides additional details. On February 12, 2021, the IRS will start processing the stockpiled returns on a first-in, first-out basis. Please see Tax Year 2020 Calendar: Important Federal Dates and Deadlines for more information on this tax season's schedule. 

@JLynnG

I filed my 2020 Federal & State returns electronically on 2/1/21.  Both the Federal and State are still 'Pending" after over 2 weeks.  This is extremely unusual because I've electronically filed every year forever and I've helped friend file and theirs have been accepted after just a couple of days.  What's up with mine???

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies