turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Refund is 8 weeks late! I have called Turbotax twice and they gave me numbers to the IRS. I have called the IRS 10 times at least and they all say they cannot help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My Refund is 8 weeks late! I have called Turbotax twice and they gave me numbers to the IRS. I have called the IRS 10 times at least and they all say they cannot help.

What does the IRS website show?    IRS Where’s My Refund
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

The IRS is very behind in processing refunds. Millions more people are filing returns this year for the Stimulus Payments. The IRS tried to pay most refund within 21 days.

When will you get your IRS refund
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/00/25589

Did you efile?  Was it Accepted?   You can check your efile status here,
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc. What does it say?

IRS Refund FAQ
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Have I checked my refund status?
YES A MILLION TIMES! Or I wouldn't bother posting this. It doesn't even show the status bars anymore and they cannot proved me with a refund date. I have called the IRS using phone numbers Turbotax has provided since its been 8 weeks, and when they answer they either say its the wrong department, or hang up. No one can provide accurate information or an update. 

Your refund cannot be 8 weeks "late," as the IRS has only been processing for 7 weeks, and has told taxpayers to plan on 21 days (3 weeks) after Accepted for processing.

Bu that being said, the IRS is seriously backlogged due to all the new tax laws and extra stimulus filings, as well as unprocessed 2019 returns left over from the COVID shutdown.  Unfortunately, contacting the IRS will not speed things up, and they have actually told taxpayers not to call.  Lots of other folks are still waiting, so please continue to be patient.  Also see:

Tax refund delay: As tax season heads into the home stretch, some taxpayers are still waiting on the...

The IRS is under serious stress — what does that mean for your refund? (msn.com)

What led to IRS backlog: ‘Thin workforce,’ new pandemic relief programs | Federal News Network

The people who answer the phone at the IRS see the same information you do: Your filing is still being processed.  You just have to wait.

Actually, it will be 8 weeks next week, I filled at the end of January so yes I have still been waiting past the 21 day mark even after the acceptance of Feb 12th. so that doesn't matter. Even the IRS says to call if its been more than 21 days, but then do not answer. Turbotax needs to stop telling people to call the IRS with bad numbers! I wouldn't be this frustrated if I haven't tried calling the IRS 10 different times with multiple different numbers that were provided to me. Stop giving people the run around!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies