turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

Keep going. Your state also has a business fraud complaint office. File a report there also. 

I will never use turbotax again because they left us out to dry on this issue. 

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

I am still waiting for that 2020 refund.   My letters always result with its having been deposited to the GD bank account with the seemingly nonexistent number.   Got a boiler plate SBTPG response forwarded to me from my complaint to the CA  A.G. saying they had been trying to contact me and had their useless phone number that blocks calls not in their system.   I work mainly at home and no calls, msgs or correspondence from them , concluding they are not above lying to the A.G.    Being unable to make phone contact, I sent a Registered Letter with Return Receipt Request to their web address and it came back unopened as a return to sender, no such address.   I will follow up with the A.G.  This entity has managed to insulate itself from any form of contact.   The IRS Direct Deposit Coordinator, which was charged with doing a tracer many months ago, just provided me a letter saying it was deposited to the aforementioned GD bank acct.  I already knew that and that's why I had corresponded with them in the first place.   I will follow up with the A.G.  and might be wise to enclose a stack of complaints from other victims.   It's time they opened an investigation into the shoddy, if not nefarious, business practices of this entity.   

samosuna

IRS advised my Federal TaX refund in the amount of $1250.00 was sent to Green Dot Bank in Mat/June 2022.  I have no record of having received the refund.  Could you research and let me know?  Samuel Osuna, [phone number removed] mobile.  

@samosuna

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Good luck turbo tax is useless. They sent my tax money to "Green dot" which sent my $11,100 to Santa Barbara Tax Group on Feb 24th of last year.. my money has been missing every since.. No one knows where it went or where it is.. I will never use Turbo tax again!! I made multiple official complaints with the BBB on all 3 companies.. it's been a year and I still have not seen a dollar!! Good luck

dnsrsn
Returning Member

I can't get a hold of a human being on the phone at Green Dot or SBTPG.  How the hell can I get in contact with someone to talk about this.  When I enter my soc. sec. # in the telephone prompts, it keeps telling me I made an invalid entry and there's no option to talk to a HUMAN BEING!  Any help would be super appreciative.  I hate having money stolen from me.  This isn't fare.

Join the party.   That is their modus operandi.  Been trying since 2020 to get my refund.   I pulled up my return on the computer just to double check routing numbers and, low and behold,  at the end of the return I discovered a contract that says refund specifically to be deposited to my personal bank account.   I printed it out because that wasn't included in the printout I did for my records, and, unfortunately,  I didn't know about it when I wrote to several agencies.  Sent a copy to the Financial Services Bureau of the IRS that did a tracer on where the funds supposedly are which listed a Green Dot Bank number which I am told is nonexistent and also unable to access their automated phone system there & with Santa Barbara Tax Products  Group.   Awaiting the Bureau's response.   Maybe you might want to pull up return and check the end for same info.  

YES!!! been over 11/2 since irs excepted my refund. SBGT bank keeps telling me 1-2 b

us. days. Turbo tax has been no help what so ever. telling my friends not to use them & I 'm not going to use them again. i might be able to understand if it was a big refund, but it less than $900.00, after using there premium service. hope i don't get audit 

Bubba2113

Same thing happens to me and they said i got it on 3/14/2021 but I finally found it and I’ll solve it today **bleep**em

daphmom13

i dont understand why this is happening. i have trusted turbo tax with basically all of my lifes most important information and they lose my return. all of life of  my trying to guard my information and in one minute its put out there to god knows where!!!??? the irs sent my refund to where turbo tax.. my information hasnt changed in seven years..you really need to take this more seriously..this is peoples lives!!wonder how the people making these mistakes would feel if it happened to their family,,apparently you really cant trust anyone!!@turbotax 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

If you utilized Pay with My Refund, please reach out to the third-party processor, SBTPG.  You can do this on their Help page by calling or submitting a ticket.  On this public forum, we do not have detailed information about refund processing.

@Bubba2113 

@daphmom13 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
daphmom13

@Bubba2113  Doesn’t turbo tax get paid from my return? How do I find out if they received their money yet? My return just didn’t disappear 🫥 

dnsrsn
Returning Member

What you seem to not understand, or you're not reading the customer complaints correctly, is that the Help page on SBTPG or Green Dot Bank is no help at all.  We cannot connect with anyone (a human) to inquire and submitting a ticket is useless because no one responds.  I wonder why Sen. Elizabeth Warren has charged TurboTax with 'scamming taxpayers'?

https://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/2022/11/22/warren-shaheen-urge-irs-to-investigate-turbotax/73694/

“Numerous taxpayers have reported that they cannot access their tax refunds due to Intuit’s partnership with Green Dot Bank,” Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren and New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen said in a joint letter to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director Rohit Chopra, Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell and Internal Revenue Service Commissioner Charles Rettig.

According to the lawmakers, Intuit, which owns TurboTax, has been depositing refunds into bank accounts opened by the tax company without the taxpayers’ direct knowledge. Those accounts, held by Austin, Texas, based Green Dot Bank, cannot be accessed by taxpayers, the senators wrote.

“While the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) online tool indicates a refund was issued, taxpayers find it difficult or impossible for them to access these funds, as the taxpayer’s own banking institution has no record of it and they have no existing banking relationship with Green Dot Bank,” they wrote.

The senators say some taxpayers who chose to pay for their TurboTax service with funds from their tax return cannot get to the remainder of their refunds and that, though there should be a mechanism to address the issue, some people are still without their cash despite the intervention of senate staffers.

“When such an event occurs, IRS technical advisors may then send the bank a formal request using Fiscal Service Form 150.1, but as the Senators state in their letter, their staff assisting impacted constituents have found the IRS cannot compel Green Dot Bank to respond to their request, leaving the taxpayer in the dark and unable to obtain any information about next steps,” Shaheen’s office said in a release along with the letter.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I suggest you establish a trail with TurboTax to see if  payment for your tax return has been received..  

Please understand that TurboTax does not issue refunds.  The IRS issues refunds to Green Dot or Santa Barbara Bank.  First you need to verify that your refund has actually been sent.

To verify that your refund has actually been sent, I suggest you create an online account at www.irs.gov and request an account transcript.  It will give you the date when the refund was issued.

Here is how to get in touch immediately with TurboTax.  I suggest you sign in to your TurboTax account and search for help and choose Chat or phone call.  You want to know if your account has been paid because selected to pay from refund and you have not received your refund.

@daphmom13

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I suggest you establish a trail with TurboTax to see if  payment for your tax return has been received..  

Please understand that TurboTax does not issue refunds.  The IRS issues refunds to Green Dot or Santa Barbara Bank.  First you need to verify that your refund has actually been sent.

To verify that your refund has actually been sent, I suggest you create an online account at www.irs.gov and request an account transcript.  It will give you the date when the refund was issued.

Here is how to get in touch immediately with TurboTax.  I suggest you sign in to your TurboTax account and search for help and choose Chat or phone call.  You want to know if your account has been paid because selected to pay from refund and you have not received your refund.

@daphmom13

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies