Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My federal refund was accepted Where is my refund advance

Yeah same here. It says 30 sec to 4 minutes right? I talk to customer support and they said within a day but because I filled Friday afternoon before presidents Day it won't be there until Tuesday. When it doesn't say anything like that anywhere, only 30 sec to 4 min after it's been accepted. It was accepted at 2:41pm pst. I didn't see anywhere that it has to be before 5pm est or I would've made sure it was. It's just a ploy to get us to file with them and then they delay it. It's false advertisement if you ask me. 

So, my return finally came back rejected because an address didn’t auto populate completely. I immediately hit the fix button and resent it. It was immediately accepted. Yay! EXCEPT… did you know if you resend it that the refund advance automatically deletes even tho it still goes into the Credit Karma account you’ve created?? Yeah, neither did I. Now I have to wait until what looks to be the first of the month to get the money I desperately needed NOW. This wasn’t written anywhere. To say that I’m unhappy is an understatement!

Cklein001

My federal tax was scheduled to be direct deposited into my bank account on 2/12/24. Nothing appeared.  ID me transcript shows  a letter will be sent 3/4. I called the IRS and they said they have 120 to manually review it.  I file short form - no kids or other deductions.  I have a pension, my husband and I work and I am old enough to draw my social security.  I scanned my W-2's and 1099's into Turbo Tax.  No help from anyone.  Turbo tax reps have offered no help even though I paid for it.  Now my grand daughter's State of MI tax is under manual review.  She also did Turbo Tax.  May next year I will go through a CPA.

Intuit abs it's subsidiaries (turbo tax and credit karma) are all full of you know what. I selected to have my funds deposited into credit karma account to get the refund advance that it said I was approved for. 4 days later (today) they say they can't find anywhere where I selected it. Lol yeah I'm going to just pick a 3rd party to hold my money per their t&c instead of selecting my bank account info that they had as a selection from last year and not select the advance. Their customer service agents seen my taxes were just accepted by IRS 4 days ago and yet asked if i wanted help tracking my refund. Because everyone gets their refund from IRS in less then a week SMH. 2 out of 3 of them said the advance will be deposited Tuesday due to presidents Day. But the 3rd was able to lemme know there wasn't anything in my account about an advance. Here's what I read about today:

The Federal Trade Commission has issued an Opinion and Final Order that Intuit Inc., the maker of the popular TurboTax tax filing software, engaged in deceptive advertising in violation of the FTC Act and deceived consumers when it ran ads for “free” tax products and services for which many consumers were ineligible.Jan 22, 2024

They're still pulling this **bleep** 2 years later. 

Same here

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please contact Credit Karma on their Contact Us page

See these resources for more information:   

See Offer details and disclosures for the Refund Advance program for more information.   

TurboTax Help article When will my refund be deposited into my Credit Karma Money™ account?*    

Credit Karma's What is TurboTax Refund Advance?   

Make sure your accounts are linked: Linking Credit Karma with TurboTax Account  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I would say let’s start a class action lawsuit. There is enough of us to do so.

I completely agree! Do you know how to get started?

We have to get as many people as possible who have gone through the same thing.

contact this attorney general who has sued Intuit in the past

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/contact/

So they don't give advances I don't know why I found with them

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies