Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My federal refund was accepted Where is my refund advance

That’s exactly what mine did. It told me I was approved for $2500 then it was accepted today. Money never showed up and the bot on TurboTax said I wasn’t approved. I can’t find any of the info I saw before. I’m starting to think we all got screwed.

I finally received mine. It took about 6 hours but I did get it. Have you gotten yours?

SW01
Level 2

I still have not received.  Turbotax said it shows declined but I did not receive a letter or anything and they said they have no way to send me any information. Happy someone received it because whew....

yeah mine said approved on the 19th when i filed, return was accepted on the 24th and still nothing and no information in regards to this im confused

jquezaire

tax season 2023 and still SAME. they said i was approved. Made me deposit to credit karma account, now the assistant is say I wasn't approved after all. i KNEW I shouldn't have tired it. feeling scammed

James203

Same I feel scammed I was pre approved every year and received it. This year it seem to be a glitch and a lot of us got denied without being told we was via email. I checked spam and everything no email stating anything. I had to call 3 different people to be told some BS that doesn’t even apply to me. Definitely was a glitch in the system and they don’t want to take accountability.

TiwanaBrooks
Returning Member

Mine did the same thing. I just got off the phone with Turbo tax they told me I was denied. I advised them that it clearly showed that I was approved and for the amount I was approved for. They said they looked into to both systems and they do not see where I was approved. I told them I have not received an email for approval or denial. I told them that it prompts you to create a credit Karma bank account once you are approved, for which I did. They continued to say they do not see it and there’s nothing else more they can do. I will never use this again. 

fulca

SCAM. 

fulca

Maybe Federal Trade Commission should be contacted. 

Matthewsml79
Returning Member

Same here and Iam so frustrated with this. So much for "within 4 minutes". Dropped the ball....

Same issue missing the money with the "refund in 4 minutes" 

Submitted, got all the Credit Karma emails about the account and debt card but that was it.

Refund accepted hours ago. Checking on Turbo Tax or Credit Karma has no where to see the status or even anything else. I was able to see the return was submitted with the routing and account of the Credit Karma account so at least the money would go to the right place but the instant refund seems to be questionable. 

We have been with TurboTax for years and this is the first time we have had an issue like this. We had Credit Karma check our account and they told us everything looks good and they have no idea why we haven't gotten it and we should at anytime.. 4 days later... still NOTHING...... we are extremely aggravated. This is definitely BAD BUSINESS!!!!!!!

Thankfully with the other options now, this is the last time for me using TurboTax. Not worth the frustration and black hole of customer service when you need something even if you pay for the next tiers. 

Everyone should read the contract you signed carefully ... although you are pre approved for the advance when you file the return the final approval happens later when the bank reviews the application & tax return after the IRS accepts your return for processing.   Getting the advance was never guaranteed ... save a PDF of your return with the worksheets and carefully review the contract you agreed to ...

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2023  online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  

Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

NOTE the carefully worded document will say this : 

You could receive your Refund Advance funds in as little as one minute after the IRS accepts your e-filed federal tax return. 

You should receive an email from Credit Karma when your Refund Advance funds are deposited, however, this email will not come from TurboTax. If your Refund Advance is denied, you should receive an email from First Century Bank letting you know. You can always use the Refund Tracker to track your Refund Advance.

You can also check out the FAQ link provided below, under "My Question wasn't answered," for further assistance:

What is the TurboTax Refund Advance

Me too. No approval or denial. I've called turbotax and credit karma many times. No one has any answers.  It's been 7 days.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies