Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Carl
Level 15

My federal refund was accepted, but my state refund is still pending and it's been 5 days. What should I do?

I'd give it until Feb 3 or 4. Then if it's still in pending status you'll need to call someone at the state to enquire. THere's nothing the IRS can do about that, and certainly nothing we here can do. Once a return is submitted, the submission server is resides on is not owned or accessible by TurboTax. All TurboTax gets (which is relayed to you) is the status of your return.

My federal refund was accepted, but my state refund is still pending and it's been 5 days. What should I do?

My IRS was accepted and is pending as of the 22nd. According to IRS refund status check. Still waiting on Connecticut to accept.

My federal was accepted on the 21st and Connecticut still hasn’t accepted mines yet, and i filed on the 19th.
jazzy4888

in Connecticut as well my fed was accepted but state is still pending

My state is the same way(IL). I'm also going to wait till the 3rd or 4th

you have to go into your account and click add state when you do that it will take you to  screen and you will see your state add finish / complete and e file it once your federal is accpeted you have to go in there and finish the process

im in illinois btw! ^^^

Thanks Angel. I have no clue why Turbo tax just won't state that clearly

When your state refund was accepted, did you get a letter saying you needed to send in a copy of the birth certificate, SS and medical records of your child before the process could move further along? If you have a child ..

Well, my Federal return was accepted on February 13, 2021 and the State return went from Accepted to Pending? Why is that.  Thank you. KMMurphy

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Accepted means your return was received by the government and the basics like your social security number seem to be in order. After acceptance, the next step is for the government to approve your refund. Your state and federal returns are processed separately. E-filed returns can stay in a Pending status until the IRS starts processing the backlog of returns. Sometimes state returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer. The information here may be of assistance in your pending state return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My Federal was accepted February 10th and accepted. My State was accepted February 12th now pending. 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You can always sign in to your TurboTax account to check your e-file status. If it's pending, that just means the government has received it but hasn't accepted or rejected it. The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. If it's been accepted, you can begin to track your refund using the FAQ link posted below:

Where's My Refund?

To track your state return, please see the FAQ link posted below:

How do I track my state refund

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Leahsangria
Returning Member

My state tax was zero but my federal has been accepted 

@Leahsangria  What is your question about that?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies