Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jweb2007

My federal refund was accepted, but my state refund is still pending and it's been 5 days. What should I do?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

29 Replies

My federal refund was accepted, but my state refund is still pending and it's been 5 days. What should I do?

The TurboTax may have received your return but IRS has not accepted it, you cant file the state until the federal return has been accepted by IRS, it will stay Pending until then.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

OP may have been part of the IRS systems test group.
ttapio86

In KY, mine says pending... But I have received confirmation that federal was accepted by the IRS. So it's possible mine wasn't accepted yet, it was just one of the few selected for the testing group?

@ttapio86 has your state been accepted yet? I filed on 1/30 my state still says pending
jweb2007

Mine was accepted 1/17. State was accepted 1/22. I sure hope yours gets accepted soon.
mdfern001

Filed 1/24 already received federal refund but state says pending in turbo tax but on nm state site nothing found

Mine were finally accepted this morning

Mine was pending since 2/6 and was finally accepted today. I guess it's moving slow. Good luck all!
vero-1982

I receive my federal income tax but still haven't received my state

I filed my taxes on feb12 I have received federal but not state even though it's been accepted like a month ago

Check your State's tax website for the status.

I did but they can't give me any info of when it should be here I received my federal and my other state within a week
Carl
Level 15

Nothing. States will not accept an e-filed return until after the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS. The IRS doesn't open e-filing until Jan 29th. So if your federal return shows already accepted, that's because the IRS pulled your return from the submission server just to test their systems with. Most likely since the IRS is testing, the IRS system has not and will not notify the state your return was accepted until the IRS opens e-filing officially on Jan 29th. All you can do really, is sit there and wait.

jweb2007

Thanks, that makes sense.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies