turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My e-filings have been accepted

I want to download the PDF form that includes the non-filed worksheets, etc. I.e., in the same form as printed in Tax Tools View/Print (IIRC) when working on the return... Every Print/Save choice I find just generates a PDF of the filed documents but omits all the worksheets, filing instructions, etc., included in the full form of the preparation-time View/Print.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@dw808 This time of year the PDF available at the Tax Home or in "Your Tax Returns & Documents" may not have updated to a complete form, this is the reason for the work around to print.

If you are using the Online version, please see the directions below:

You can locate the worksheets that were included in your tax return by accessing a complete copy of your tax return from the Print Center. The PDF file of your tax return, that is located on the tax home page will not include the worksheets.  Please note: this may not work until your return has been accepted by the IRS.

Please see the steps below to obtain a complete copy of your tax return which would include all worksheets:

1. Sign in to your account (if you haven't already done so), using the same login you used to file your return.

2. Scroll down to My Tax Returns and Documents and click on show.

3. Next scroll down and click on Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.)

4. In the left side panel click on Tax Tools then click on Print Center.

5. Next select Print, save or preview this year's return.

6. Then select the option to print your 2020 federal and state returns (shortest version). You can also select the option to Include government worksheets (optional) (medium-length version) and/or You can also select Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) (longest version). Then select View or print forms.

7. This will allow you to print your complete tax file.

8. Once you have finished printing, click on Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click on Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.

For the CD/Download version, you can print directly from a saved PDF of your return by double-clicking the PDF to open it and then following the instructions in Step 4 in the directions below:

How do I print a copy of my return filed in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

If you have already e-filed and your return has been accepted, you should be able to print a copy of your return. You can also save as a pdf. When printing, it should give you the option to print all the worksheets, not just your tax return. This would be the same for TurboTax Online and TurboTax Desktop version. Please let us know if this helps.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Well, that would be nice if that were how it worked. Have you tried it?

But, while I can find numerous "Download/print return" links--including the exact one shown in the support article you provided a link to, none of them offer the options of printing with the worksheets or not, or of printing just Fed or just state or both. They all just go straight into downloading the filed returns only Fed + state PDF, no options offered.

I did find a workaround: Go into "Amend". (It says you can't amend at this time.) But then the Tax Tools | Print center option which does allow the PDF to be tailored to Fed or State, with or without the backup, not filed, data, appears and allows what I was looking for.

This seems like an Online problem: the "Download/print return" links should all bring up the same options selection dialog as the "Tax Tools | Print Center" menu brings up.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@dw808 This time of year the PDF available at the Tax Home or in "Your Tax Returns & Documents" may not have updated to a complete form, this is the reason for the work around to print.

If you are using the Online version, please see the directions below:

You can locate the worksheets that were included in your tax return by accessing a complete copy of your tax return from the Print Center. The PDF file of your tax return, that is located on the tax home page will not include the worksheets.  Please note: this may not work until your return has been accepted by the IRS.

Please see the steps below to obtain a complete copy of your tax return which would include all worksheets:

1. Sign in to your account (if you haven't already done so), using the same login you used to file your return.

2. Scroll down to My Tax Returns and Documents and click on show.

3. Next scroll down and click on Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.)

4. In the left side panel click on Tax Tools then click on Print Center.

5. Next select Print, save or preview this year's return.

6. Then select the option to print your 2020 federal and state returns (shortest version). You can also select the option to Include government worksheets (optional) (medium-length version) and/or You can also select Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) (longest version). Then select View or print forms.

7. This will allow you to print your complete tax file.

8. Once you have finished printing, click on Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click on Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.

For the CD/Download version, you can print directly from a saved PDF of your return by double-clicking the PDF to open it and then following the instructions in Step 4 in the directions below:

How do I print a copy of my return filed in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

That method--"adding" another state return in order to get to where there is a Tax Tools | Print Center menu--is probably the best workaround. But it's still a workaround to the poor behavior of just going straight to the download instead of offering up the options.

Manage cookies