turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My amended return has been adjusted, when will i receive the check?

It has been more than 21 days since I mailed my amended  return , and I still can't see the status  of my amended return 

Nola2020

Try November i did mines never have got a update status cant get no information at All now this stimulus check is doing me the same WAY

I just can't win😓

trekgoins
Returning Member

Have you received any notices yet?  My WMAR has a completed status as of 4/17 but I haven’t received anything yet!

I spoke to a live agent Tuesday and she advised me that an adjustment in my favor had been completed Monday. Then she said it was mandatory for them to advise 4-6 additional weeks for my actual refund. I pray it still comes DD and doesn't take that long. Because I mailed my amended return back in February. And requested advocate assistance 5x and only actually got there help 3x.

Nola2020

Thank You I still haven't heard a thing can i have the number you use to call.everytime i try it the system say it's unavailable

@ITZMIE  Sorry they only mail checks for Amended return refunds, no Direct Deposit.

See 1040X instructions page 19 line 22

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040x.pdf

It says.....You will receive a check for any refund due to you. A refund on an amended return can’t be deposited directly to your bank account.

Screenshot_2020-05-24-21-46-45.png

We will find out soon enough... I just checked and I got a date 💃 💃 💃 and it says it will be deposited into my account!!!

thergonz4

My original return had a refund but I made a clerical error and had to amend my return. The amended return shows I owe the IRS. Does this mean that the original return refund amount I was to receive is no longer correct and I now owe the IRS? I'm confused on this process because I was due a refund for child tax credit

Was your original return filed and accepted?  

You will still get the refund from the first original return.  In fact you should not even amend until the first return has fully processed and you get the first refund.  

Then the amended return is only for the difference you get back or owe.  I think the cover sheet shows what the original return WOULD have been if you did it right the first time.

Go by the actual 1040X.  Line 18 should be your original refund amount and line 22 should be your additional refund.  If you paid on your original return it will be on line 16.  If there is an amount owed with the amendment, it will be on line 20.

If you have a tax due, do not send the 1040V.  Just include a check with the 1040X.  Ignore the 1040V.  That is for the original return or what the original return would have been if it didn’t need correcting.  Don’t pay the amount on the 1040V.  Pay the amount on the actual 1040X.

When can I get my adjustment

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Can you provide more details about the adjustment you are waiting on?   There are over 250 replies in this thread so it is unclear what your question is.

If you want to start a new thread, use this link.    @d_sparrow1

Where's My Amended Return?    Use this if you are looking for the status of an amended return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I mailed my 2017 amended return on 3/28/20....I sent it certified so I know they received it on 4/1/20. Because of COVID they acknowledged on 7/20/20 that they received it on 4/1/20 (over 3 months from when they actually received it). On 7/23/20 they asked me to call them about the return, turns out they just wanted to let me know it wouldn't be processed within the 16 weeks they normally quote 🙂 and that it not been assigned to anyone yet.  He also told me they had semi-truck trailers full of the backlog of mailed returns so it would be awhile. On 9/11/20 they changed my amended return status to "adjusted".  So now waiting to receive something (hopefully a check) in the mail. So I might get something within 6 months of when I originally mailed it in....hopefully this isn't the new normal. 🙂

I mailed mine out on the 10th of March and it say the got it the 19th and I forgot about it for a while until now and check it out and it says “adjusted” as on 10-2-20. So I’m hoping that it will be DD because I moved from my last apartment and no longer live there. I wish there was some way to track it or even a way you can see how much your getting... 

anyways my question is have you gotten yours yet? I’ve seen it’s been three weeks 

@Quieana The IRS does not do a direct deposit for a refund for an amended return.  They will only mail you a check to the address on your tax return.   If you have moved you had better send in a change of address asap AND make sure you have filled out the mail forwarding forms with the post office.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

3 days after my status changed on the "Where's my amended return"  website I received a letter from the IRS describing the changes made with my amended return. Now waiting to receive the actual check. (I'm having my mail held while we're gone for the summer, hopefully its there when I return).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies