turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

message on wheres my refund

what does this mean?

We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

You can track your refund on the "Where's My Refund?" tool within 24 hours of your return being accepted by the IRS. If you are trying to track them prematurely, then you will receive the error message above. For more infomation, visit: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/00/25589

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

this is first time since i filed on jan 29 that it said this, this is something new... 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Were you able to track your return before? It does appear that the WMR (www.irs.gov/refunds) is having intermittent issues where individuals were able to track their returns but then start getting a message stating the information cannot be found or is incorrect. Once 21 days have passed since your return was accepted, you can reach out to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return. Please click here for more information. 

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.

this is the message i get now.. yes i was able to check it before this message just appeared yesterday now keep getting strange random messages. was accepted on jan 29th the expected date to be deposited was 2/19 now not sure ugh.. they need to get it together 

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. TurboTax updates what stage your return is in and the IRS site updates when you can expect your refund:

• E-filing status is what stage of the process your return is in.
  • Refund status is when you can expect your refund. 

Once your tax return has been submitted, the most up to date information will come from the IRS.

It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find a record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. 

Please see below for more information on what accepted means:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-accepted-mean/00/26285

See the video in this link for a really good explanation of the process: 

https://www.refundschedule.com/irs-wheres-refund-status-bars-disappeared/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies