Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It says my taxes were accepted. But order status payment pending, what does that mean?

Why is my payment pending? When it said my taxes were expected!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

31 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It says my taxes were accepted. But order status payment pending, what does that mean?

Did you elect to have the fees deducted from your refund? 

If so, this is why it is pending. The payment is not sent to Turbo Tax until you receive your refund. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mcbride9411
Returning Member

My order status changed to payment complete... Yesterday when I woke up it had changed but I haven't received my refund in my account yet... Should I be worried

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Per the IRS it can take a few days for the bank to post your deposit to your account once your tax return has been has been accepted and processed. You can contact your card holder bank to find out if they have received the funds but the IRS asks you wait five days.

Please see this IRS FAQ: https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

What is happening when Where’s My Refund? shows my refund’s status as approved?

We’ve approved your refund. We are preparing to send your refund to your bank or directly to you in the mail. This status will tell you when we will send the refund to your bank (if you selected the direct deposit option). Please wait 5 days after we’ve sent the refund to check with your bank about your refund, since banks vary in how and when they credit funds. (It could take several weeks before you receive a mailed refund check.)

@mcbride9411

mcbride9411
Returning Member

So if turbotax for received their payment from my refund it means that it was sent out but it's just processing thru my bank? I just wanted to make sure that I was supposed to receive my payment before turbotax or if it we're possible turbotax got paid first before it processed thru my bank

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You should track your refund by click here

If you had your fees deducted from your refund, your refund will go from the IRS to Santa Barbara Bank and Trust then to your account. Turbo Tax will receive the fees from the refund once Santa Barbara Bank and Trust receives it. 

mcbride9411
Returning Member

Ok, thank you!! I was on the phone for a hour and a half yesterday trying to figure this info out... Is there an estimate time frame from the time turbotax got paid to when I get it? 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Normally once Santa Barbara receives the refund, you can check the status within their system by clicking here. They will provide you with a direct deposit date. 

On average once they receive the refund, it will be around 4-5 business days later you receive the refund. 

mcbride9411
Returning Member

Ok so I just realized I put duncan as my last name on my banking info... But on my refund it's McBride and on my account it's McBride an account and routing are correct an ssn an everything else will this stop me from getting it

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

There should be no issue, since the last name on the bank account is the last name on the tax return. 

mcbride9411
Returning Member

I said it wrong... The last name on my banking info when I filed is duncan an I file with duncan but the last name on my account is McBride but account an routing an ssn are the same

mcbride9411
Returning Member

I said it wrong... The last name on bank info when I filed was duncan an I filed with duncan but the last name on my actual bank account is McBride but account, routing an ssn are correct

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@mcbride9411 I suggest that you call your bank to ask if they will accept or reject the deposit. It is entirely up to the bank. Is the bank aware of your change in name? If the bank rejects your deposit, then the IRS will mail you a check. 

Exact same thing for me! Have you figured anything out?

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@Ksmartt0524 Can you please clarify what you are wanting to do so that we can better assist you. Are you using the online program or the cd/windows program? In what part of the program are you seeing this error message? Are you in the federal or state section?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies