turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

unlubed

It's been more than 10 weeks and the IRS is still playing with my **bleep** money

I never got either of the first two stimulus checks, so I claimed them both with the recovery rebate.

My e-file was accepted on March 6th, and I got my state return almost immediately.

After waiting for more than a month after that, I managed to get someone from the IRS on the phone using the taxpayer advocate service.

I had to wait on hold for 45 minutes to be told there was some unidentified error and that I would have to wait up to 10 weeks from the date of filing.

The 10 week date passed on May 15th, and the WMR tool is still saying the same X:

"Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available."

Now neither the IRS nor the Taxpayer Advocate Service are answering the phone.

What do now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

114 Replies

It's been more than 10 weeks and the IRS is still playing with my **bleep** money

You continue to wait, as are lots of other folks (some longer than you).  Congress continues to heap more and more tasks on the IRS, but with no additional funding to fulfill them.  See:

Tax refund delays could continue as backlog of tax returns is growing, tax advocate says - CBS News

Gretta2u

I did turbo tax. It was accepted March 3. I have not received it. I now get an email saying they are going to take $176.00 dollars out of my checking account. This is so wrong. I didn’t receive it and I don’t have extra money in my checking account. I’m on a fixed income and can hardly make ends meet. They should not take it until I receive my refund then deduct it. I will never do turbo tax again. I also did not agree to this amount to do my taxes. I spoke to someone snd they said they would take care of it. This turbo tax is a big joke. 

@Gretta2u wrote:

I did turbo tax. It was accepted March 3. I have not received it. I now get an email saying they are going to take $176.00 dollars out of my checking account. This is so wrong. I didn’t receive it and I don’t have extra money in my checking account. I’m on a fixed income and can hardly make ends meet. They should not take it until I receive my refund then deduct it. I will never do turbo tax again. I also did not agree to this amount to do my taxes. I spoke to someone snd they said they would take care of it. This turbo tax is a big joke. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of the account fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

I am going through that now. I filed april 7. No updates and 3 hour hold time 2 to 3 times a week. I am now 48/50 days vs. The "21 days or less" I am a frontline worker and still traveling to other states thats in need of respiratory therapist due to COVID19. Had to take some time off 3 months. No income and really really broke af. I dont have the money for my rental payment and single mother of 3.

Now i have turbo tax wanting to take out the 120 fee that should have been covered by my tax return. 

kellygodwin64
Returning Member

I filed and it said IRS accepted on March 1, 2021. I also got an email from Turbo Tax saying they were going to take 120.00 out of my checking account and I haven't received my refund yet either. Complete BS!! But I just looked checked my Where's my refund and it is saying my refund is set to be directed deposited on May 26, 2021 which is tomorrow. I hope Turbo Tax isn't still going to take the 120.00 out of my account! They should receive their 120.00  when my refund is deposited shouldn't they?

kellygodwin64
Returning Member

My e-file was excepted on 3-1-21. I kept getting the same message on WMR tool. I just looked tonight and it has changed and says my refund will be direct deposited on May 26,2021... FINALLY!! So I hope you get yours soon also.

Callon

where is my money 

I guarantee you that, just like mine was-stuck in id verify department.   Call the id verify number 10000 or more times, get through on close to final attempt, tell them you received the idverify letter code 5071, and i promise if you complete the idverify you will have refund in less than 2 weeks.  Promise. 

Did U Finally Receive It Taxes????? Asking Because I Haven't & This Is Beyond Ridiculous. Turbo Tax Is Also Talking About Taking My Money As Well. For A Mistake They Made In My Taxes. So Their The Reason. I Haven't Recurved My Taxes. Which In Turn Makes Them. The Reason They Haven't Been Paid Yet. I Know One Thing Never Using Turbo Tax Again!!!!!

bjb07191957
Returning Member

I e-filed on March 15th and the IRS accepted my return.  My husband passed in August of COVID and I could really use the money.  I have tried for hours each day to reach someone to no avail.  I too am being told that they are going to deduct my payment from my checking account without my having received my refund.  I could really use some help to resolve this however I do not know where to turn.

@bjb07191957 wrote:

I e-filed on March 15th and the IRS accepted my return.  My husband passed in August of COVID and I could really use the money.  I have tried for hours each day to reach someone to no avail.  I too am being told that they are going to deduct my payment from my checking account without my having received my refund.  I could really use some help to resolve this however I do not know where to turn.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of the account fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

This Is Ridiculous Especially Since Ours Turbo Taxes Fault. That So Many Ppl. Who Used Their Tax Services. Strength Receiving Their Taxes. Becuz Of A Mistake That Turbo Tax Made In Our Tax a Return!!!!!

I Would Love The Answer To That Question For Myself As Well!!!!! 

How Long Have You Been Capitalizing Every Word ?

Isn't That Tedious?

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies