turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It has been over 90 days and I have not received my refund yet.

So this is at least 2 people, you and me, form 2 total different employers that have used Turbo Tax and are stuck in the same issue.

Is this a problem with Turbo Tax???

I would like to know just how many people how in the same boat?

I know of at least 3 people who are dealing with this same issue and used turbo tax. 

2 of them work for the same company as I do. One of them filed single with no children or other income other than this job. His expected refund is relatively small. The other guy made donations so he claimed those and he has a child. I’m a single parent with two children not receiving child support. The last person I know is the ex wife of a different coworker. She works for a different employer , has a child and gets child support. She states her sister and brother in law have the same issue and they filed using turbo tax as well. After talking with the others I’ve realized we are all dealing with the exact same things, getting the same responses and none of us have received our refunds. The only thing we have in common is we used turbo tax. Also to make sure I wasn’t just thinking it was turbo tax, I asked around with some of my other coworkers and found they received their refunds but used a different company to file their taxes. I’m at a loss right now

this is becoming interesting, in a bad way.

I file head of household, with kids and mine is more complicated, but when i called i got the same answer, its my W2 that is holding up my return. I received my state (New York) but i'm still waiting on Federal with no hope in sight.

have you tried to contact TurboTax about this? if not i think we should.

I filed the same way. Head of household with two kids and only made 15k last year. Turbo tax was contacted already and the answer my coworker got was this is not their responsibility. I just find it a little weird and too coincidental that us filing using turbo tax all have the same problems. It’s just aggravating and right now I can’t call back or do anything else until this next 30 day wait period is up while they try and figure out what’s going on...again. I feel like at this point it’s going to be time to file again for 2019 before I see any part of my refund. 

Aprildd

File my taxes in January they told me it was a delay I got a letter in July that told me to send in all my paperwork to verify my dependent and my address for claiming head of household they sent me a letter another letter in in September saying that if they don't need nothing else by the 10th like the 6th day. Now I just contact them today and now they telling me they still have not got to my case cuz they still working on paperwork in June. Now they saying that I will receive a letter in the mail to confirm the amount I supposed to receive once I signed it and fax it back that it would take another 8 weeks after they receive it and okay it so I may not receive my refund until next tax time in January this is so crazy

Our State and Federal 2018 Tax Returns were filed on 10/16/2019 with TurboTax.  We were advised they both were accepted.  We were advised that we had Tax Refunds:  Federal - $998.72; State - $486.00.  As of this date, January 17, 2020, we have not received either refund.  Furthermore, we have not received any correspondence or telephone calls regarding our Tax Returns or our Refunds Due.  

We would appreciate a phone call or some kind of correspondence regarding these refund which should have been received by now.  Should you need further information, please contact us ASAP.  We will be away from our home number starting Monday, January 22, 2020 until Saturday, January 25th.  You can usually get us through our cell phone numbers:   Wayne Copeland  - [phone number removed];  Annette Copeland - [phone number removed].   We're very anxious to get our refunds and your prompt attention to this matter will be greatly appreciated!

Annette Copeland

@anetsc1040 

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on 2018

What is the status of the e-filed tax returns?  Accepted, Rejected, Printed, Ready to Mail, Started?

If the status is anything other than Accepted then the tax return was never e-filed.  If you did not print and mail the federal tax return then the return was never filed.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

For the state tax return contact your state department of revenue - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

AnitaHerrick
Returning Member

I am going around in circles trying to get information!  I filed in January and have received my federal refund - I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY STATE REFUND!!!  Please let me talk to someone - I can't get anywhere on this site!!!!!

@AnitaHerrick wrote:

I am going around in circles trying to get information!  I filed in January and have received my federal refund - I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY STATE REFUND!!!  Please let me talk to someone - I can't get anywhere on this site!!!!!

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.

If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

For the state tax return contact your state department of revenue - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

I am going through the same thing right now... all I know is I will not be using turbo tax again! 

I filed In Jan... still here it is April 24th no taxes and no way to call the IRS! Because of this covid. I want my taxes and I’m getting highly upset! I’ve never ever had this issue but this year! It’s putting me in a hard spot! 

This is my first time filing with turbo tax. I filed back on 02/04/2020 it has been over 90 days since I have filed this has never took me this long what is the hold up. I have tried to contact the irs but no answer. I need to hear from someone.what is the problem.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends. 

The IRS issues a lot of refunds within 21 days, but it has been taking longer with the stimulus payment being issued in addition to the tax refunds. 

IRS processing time and refund status 

Also, be aware, the IRS operations are limited during the Covid-19 pandemic.  Attached is a link with more information as to what departments are available to contact at the moment.

IRS operations

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

We are in the same boat. Filed at the beginning of Feb, still waiting on GA tax refund. It's bee well over 90 days. No-one picks up the phone when I call. They refer you to their website, which says my return has been received and is currently being processed. When I called, I checked my status over the phone and the robot said my return has been processed. Well, it hasn't. 

Little mermaid
Returning Member

I filled my takes in Jan still nothing

@Little mermaid wrote:

I filled my takes in Jan still nothing

If you efiled, you should double-check to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, you can sign into your Online Account and check the efile status at the Tax Home.

If that showed it was accepted, you can use the "Where's My Refund" tool at the IRS website below to monitor the status of your Federal refund.  
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

NOTE: When using that tool, be sure to enter the correct SSN and filing status.  Use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund.  The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.

If the IRS tool says it is still being processed, here's how to reach the IRS, but it may not be easy.  Part of it is luck.  Due to the Coronavirus, some of the IRS call centers are closed, some are operating with reduced personnel, some are gradually opening back up.  Some users have reported this week that they have finally reached someone.   Here is the normal method to reach an IRS live agent when they are operating smoothly, and I'll also tell you how to reach the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service.

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

If you continue to have no luck reaching the IRS, you can try contacting the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service for your area.   They are still taking phone calls in most states.  They are especially prone to help if you have an economic hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies