Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

arlarihtaric
Returning Member

Irs says the info i send is incorrect and they. Dont have my info?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

By "IRS says" are you referring to the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool?

Did you efile, and has your Federal return been accepted?

If you used Online TurboTax, log in to your Online TurboTax account and look at the Tax Home page.  Does it show the return has been accepted, or did you get an email notifying of such?

You cannot use the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool until 24 hours after an efiled return has been accepted.

When using the IRS tool, also be sure to enter just the Federal refund amount and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund.  The amount to use is shown on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.

And if you paid any fees out of the Federal refund, use the amount before any fee deduction.

I'm having the same problem. It's been over 72 hours. I'm only entering the federal amount. All other info is correct. I've also checked my paperwork for any errors, there are none. Turbotax says its been sent and is pending. Irs.gov, the check your refund tool, says something is wrong. They can't find my return.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

After January, e-filed returns generally sit in Pending status for 24–48 hours before coming back as either Accepted or Rejected. Keep calm and continue to check back. Until the IRS processes your return,  you may hear there's "no record found." That actually means the return's still being processed. Just check back in a few days using the Where's My Refund? site.

What does Pending mean

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies