turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mlong3
Returning Member

IRS said they didn't recieve my check, but it was cashed. I can see that the check was cashed. There are only numbers on the back of the check. How do I know if the IRS cashed my check, or someone else did? How does the IRS endorse taxpayer checks?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
mlong3
Returning Member

IRS said they didn't recieve my check, but it was cashed. I can see that the check was cashed. There are only numbers on the back of the check. How do I know if the IRS cashed my check, or someone else did? How does the IRS endorse taxpayer checks?

Me again.  Sorry for the typos in the original email; I'm just very upset.

Simply respond to the IRS notice with a copy of the cashed check  and a note saying you disagree. You could try calling the number on the notice but don't be surprised if you never get thru to a human. 

mlong3
Returning Member

Thank you.  I've been trying to call the IRS and can't get through to even be put on hold.  The same result with the local office.  The bank won't help until the IRS completes a form stating they didn't receive it, which is a joke!  I'll do what you suggested; I'm just afraid we'll still keep getting more and more interested added on in the meantime.

If it was actually cashed by the IRS, wouldn't there be something identifiable on the back of the check? Or is it typical to just have numbers?  

Thanks for your reply.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies