turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dg2

I need to change delete a state return after turbo tax payment but before filing. How can I do this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Cindy0H

I need to change delete a state return after turbo tax payment but before filing. How can I do this?

Did you delete a state return by mistake?
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you already started a state return, you can delete it as long as you haven't paid for it yet (or registered your free version with the state attached).

If you plan to eventually file a state return, just not right now, you can skip it and file only your federal return. However, if you wish to e-file your state, you'll be able to do so only after your e-filed federal return has been accepted.

You can file your federal return and skip your state return for now. Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3374295

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Roxieant

I already paid for my state and federal, but don't want to file my state yet due to the software hasn't updated. Is there a way to cancel my payment so I can change that? 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support via the below link to discuss your options.  Use the keywords billing issues so you get to the right person. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@Roxieant

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies