turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mexwatts

I submitted an amendment expecting a reduction of tax due. I can't print the tax form. Instead irs took an additional $7112 out of my bank account. why?

my original report missed my estimated taxes.  all of this is about adding and correcting estimated taxes.  How did irs get the right to deduct thousands of dollars to my account without communicating with me?  Mayby it has to do with the 2nd amendment  that I still can't get to print?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I submitted an amendment expecting a reduction of tax due. I can't print the tax form. Instead irs took an additional $7112 out of my bank account. why?

Did your original filed return show a big tax due?  Don't amend for the estimates.  The IRS should eventually match them up to your tax return and send you a refund.  Do you have proof you paid them like bank statements?  I would wait on the IRS to adjust it.  Or you can call them at 1-800-829-1040 but it's hard to get though.  

mexwatts

VolvoGirl I think you are right.  I should have left it alone and not try to amend and let the IRS correct it automatically.  I did pay a lot early on.  But the 2nd payment of seven thousand came out of the blue.  It took me weeks before I discovered a big hole in my bank account.  Right now I need to know what happened  with the second amendment (a correction of a correction).  and why I can't get a printout of it.  There is a tax file that may be it but PDF won't open it.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies