Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sc101

I still get the message that the IRS is updating Deprecation and Amortisation and to "check back" yet the date for update had been 3/31. Anyone got more on this ?

My worry is that this IRS message is not valid, and that it's actually a bug.  In which case there's no guarantee that it'll be fixed in time.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

I still get the message that the IRS is updating Deprecation and Amortisation and to "check back" yet the date for update had been 3/31. Anyone got more on this ?

You may want to try a different browser or try clearing out your browser's cache and cookies. Please see How do I delete cookies? and How to clear your cache for more information. 

If you need additional assistance please feel free to contact Customer Support

@sc101

No joy, I even tried logging in on my cellphone instead of my PC. 

Same error. Seems to be a bug because I know that it's working for others. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please contact us by phone by following the instructions here, so we can look into this further. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I called this morning and there is no fix to this problem yet identified.  It is 2 weeks to filing day and I'm overseas on vacation from tomorrow.  Please propose a solution as soon as possible for the worst case that you will not be able to resolve the issue.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the link here to sign up for notifications once this is fixed. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. @limekiln

That link takes me to a notification for an update regarding when the IRS Form 4562 update will be available.  This Form 4562 is already available in TurboTax from the IRS, two of your telephone support colleagues have confirmed this.   So this suggestion is - I'm afraid - meaningless and time-wasting. 

Again, what I need is a Plan B for if you do not fix the bug in the next few days that creates this erroneous message - how will I be able to submit my 1040?  Please advise.

Thank you. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

The issue should be resolved by the tax deadline, to allow you to e-file the return as you would like. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies