Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a letter from the PA Department of Revenue advising that I entered some information incorrectly on my return. I want to see what I entered. Can I do this now?

This was my 2020 return.  Want to go back in to the program and see what I entered incorectly so this doesn not happen again.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I received a letter from the PA Department of Revenue advising that I entered some information incorrectly on my return. I want to see what I entered. Can I do this now?

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.  Click on State on the left side of the program screen.

Under No circumstances change anything on the tax return that was filed.  Just view what was entered.

If you are required to change the state tax return and send it to the state then you Must amend the tax return that was filed.  Do Not change the original tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a state tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/i-need-to-amend-my-state-return/01/26510

That got me to the return but it still won't let me see where I would have provided the information about prior year credit and estimated payments made for 2020 which is where the issue is.   Interesting that the amount Turbotax is now  showing for my 2020 credit is different than on my filed return but matches the credit that PA Department of Revenue changed it to- which is still incorrect.   

That got me to the return but it still won't let me see where I would have provided the information about prior year credit and estimated payments made for 2020 which is where the issue is.   Interesting that the amount Turbotax is now  showing for my 2020 credit is different than on my filed return but matches the credit that PA Department of Revenue changed it to- which is still incorrect.   

@amwilson59 wrote:

If what you are looking for on the state tax return is not part of the state interview then you need to look at the worksheets for the state tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Most state items are entered on the federal side.  Like Estimates.

To enter Federal or State Estimated Taxes Paid, including a state estimated payment made in January for the prior year, go to

Federal on left or at top.  Personal (Home & Business)

Deductions and Credits at top

Then scroll way down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid

Estimated Taxes - click the start button

You enter state estimated payments under the federal side (because they can be a federal itemized Deduction).  THEN after you finish filling out the estimates under Federal you need to click on the State Tab at the top and start the state return over for it to update.

You have to pick the right state from the drop down box and enter the right payment dates.

Ok- so I guess I never put in my estimtated state payments since that was part of the federal return.   But I am still confused why the tax return I printed when I filed and that also shows  when I click on 2020 return on the  Tax Home page does not match the one that I get when I go through print center.   The one that I get through print center agrees with the numbers the state just sent me.  Does the PA Departtment of revenue have access to my turbotax files?

Ok- so I guess I never put in my estimtated state payments since that was part of the federal return.   But I am still confused why the tax return I printed when I filed and that also shows  when I click on 2020 return on the  Tax Home page does not match the one that I get when I go through print center.   The one that I get through print center agrees with the numbers the state just sent me.  Does the PA Departtment of revenue have access to my turbotax files?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies