turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased the premier package like it told me too do so I can efile my 2018 taxes but where do I go to file them? It just stays on the page saying let's get started

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I purchased the premier package like it told me too do so I can efile my 2018 taxes but where do I go to file them? It just stays on the page saying let's get started

You cannot e-file your 2018 tax return now.  You missed the deadline for e-filing which was October 15, 2019,  Now you have to print, sign and mail a 2018 tax return.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS and/or your state received the return.

Remember that federal and state returns go in separate envelopes and get mailed to separate addresses.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

You bought the 2018 program?  You have to download it and install it on your computer.  It is too late to efile 2018 and earlier.  

You have to print and mail prior year returns.  When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return.  Don’t forget state.

How to file a prior year

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-prepare-a-prior-year-tax-return/00/25...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies