turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

I mailed in my paper return over 6 weeks ago and haven't received it yet. I tried tracking it on the website but nothing shows up. Can i get in contact with someone?

Turbo Tax will not have a status on your refund. If the IRS website says processing, this means they are working on it. Please continue to check their website.

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/use-the-wheres-my-refund-tool

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I mailed in my paper return over 6 weeks ago and haven't received it yet. I tried tracking it on the website but nothing shows up. Can i get in contact with someone?

You did not understand what I said. I mailed 2 returns on Feb 11th. The IDAHO return has been received and is processing. The FEDERAL one shows no update, not received, not processing. What should I do in this case? I have tried calling them, but that is black hole currently.

Was this ever resolved? My current situation 🤦🏽‍I mailed in my return 5 weeks ago IRS2Go says n has been saying I am putting in the wrong info but I KNOW MY SS# I KNW HW I FILED N HW MCH I WAS DUE BACK!! How do I know it was even received with this foolishness goin on?♀️

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

To check on the return that was mailed in, please click here to contact the IRS.

For 2019 if you mailed your return the IRS posted an Alert...

Due to staffing issues, processing paper tax returns could take several weeks longer. Taxpayers and tax professionals are encouraged to file electronically.

From https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

Ok.... TY @ VolvoGirl but how do I knw it is even there?!! I’m ok with the wait it’s EXPECTED.... I JUST NEED TO KNW ITS WHERE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE!!

The only way to really know is if you got a tracking number from the post office when you mailed it.  Or by calling the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. 

Did you mail it in a separate envelope from the state return?  Some people have been mailing both in the same envelope just to the state.

I am in the same situation.  Mailed my paper copy on March 1.  I received my State refund weeks ago.  IRS refund tool keeps telling me my information is wrong....It is not.  I went through the steps to request a transcript and it says I have not filed for 2019...SIGH.  The phone number is useless because all you get is a recording saying no one is working....SIGH again.  If I have to continue to wait for my refund, I will.  However, it would be nice to know that my return was at least received.  

Has anyone gotten any resolution to this mess???

Did you ever get your refund? How long did it take after mailing it?

Nope.  Check My Refund tool still says there is no information which means it hasn't even been accepted OR was never received.  No one will answer the phones at the IRS so I guess I (we) just wait and hope it was received.  SUPER unhappy that there is no way to check to see if it is there.  One person said it is probably sitting in a mailbox somewhere waiting to be opened whenever people go back to work........It may be Fall before I get a refund at this rate.  Even more frustrated because I always e-file but my return kept getting rejected due to wrong social security numbers and there was nothing wrong with them.  I called the IRS before this started and was told to mail it because there was probably a glitch in their system.....I don't know.  It's just all a bad dream.

They are not processing mailed returns right now.

See this IRS page for the latest information

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

It says.......

Paper Tax Returns: All taxpayers should file electronically through their tax preparer, tax software provider or IRS Free File if possible. The IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your economic impact payment. Paper returns will be processed   once processing centers are able to reopen. This year, more than 90% of taxpayers have filed electronically.

Same here I e filed end of January but it wouldn’t except my return so I mailed it feb 4. I keep getting no information on my return. I did not ask for a tracking number, I’m worried they never revived it, notice they keep talking about the stimulus checks, but not one word in our tax returns, when people need money right now why don’t they address this problem.

This stinks but I'm glad I'm not alone in these frustrations. I mailed my paper return 11 weeks ago from Brazil. My New York State return was accepted and paid weeks ago. I didn't have an option to file electronically because I had to file a MFS paper return (I'm married to a Non-Resident Alien who doesn't have to pay taxes)

I am living abroad and cannot call the IRS, but the "where's my status" tool tells me that they cannot find any information and to check my information again. Has anyone gotten through? I'm really needing this refund as soon as possible. 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Paper filed returns are not being processed at this time, as the IRS processing department is currently closed. When the IRS resumes normal operations returns will be processed in the order received.  We do not have an estimated date for operations to resume.

I am sorry that I don't have better news.

@magmitchell

Pedro8109

Did u hear back im having the same problem

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies