turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

I mailed in my paper return over 6 weeks ago and haven't received it yet. I tried tracking it on the website but nothing shows up. Can i get in contact with someone?

The IRS is not processing paper returns right now due to COVID-19. When they reopen, they will begin processing paper returns in the order received.

@Pedro8109

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I mailed in my paper return over 6 weeks ago and haven't received it yet. I tried tracking it on the website but nothing shows up. Can i get in contact with someone?

:(  If it was filed by paper:  from what I understand, nothing will happen until the processing centers open back up. Then they'll be processed in the order that they were received. 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, you understand that correctly.  We don't yet have an estimate when processing centers will re-open, either. 

@magmitchell

I mailed in my taxes forms certified mail 6 weeks ago and the post office has told me that it was signed by a agent in California where I sent it to. It's been 6 weeks now and I'm still waiting, and I haven't received any letters back from the IRS of any mistakes or that owe

I received my State taxes refund and I mailed each one to too different places, certified mail

What is the problem with my IRS refund

The IRS is slow this year.  They are not processing mailed returns right now.  The mail is stacking up in trailers at the IRS.

See this IRS page for the latest information

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

I am having the exact same issue. Not have I received the stimulus check either. I don’t know what to do. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

The payments are independent of each other.  

Your income tax refund is based upon your filing.  You can check the status of your federal income tax return refund using the link below.  It has been taking longer for the IRS to process refunds this year so you may need to wait a bit longer.

Check my refund status

The payment of the stimulus funds can be tracked at the following website:

Check status of economic payment

Please see the following for facts related to the payments as processed by the IRS.  See the section titled Payment Status Not Available for reasons why you may be receiving the message.  

FAQ for Economic payments

I am experiencing the same issue! I mailed mine in to the FEDERAL IRS using the address turbo tax gave me, my state return did receive it but I feel like the Federal return did not get to its' destination... Im not sure whether to file another return or wait, Its frustrating because the filing date is just around the corner July 15th. Plus the IRS sent my stimulus check to my old address, and that shows that they did not get my 2019 return. 

Sorry you have to keep waiting.  They have just started opening the mail that was stacking up.  Do not file again.  

MAILED RETURNS

Per the IRS website IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continueThe IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your economic impact payment. Paper returns will be processed  once processing centers are able to reopen. 

If you owed tax due and included a payment with your mailed return, you are okay since the envelope was postmarked before the filing deadline.  If you are getting a refund, you simply have to wait for the IRS to get around to opening all the mail.  Sorry.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
TauaNina

I called this number 1 800 829 0582 ext 652. I selected my language and held on the phone for about 40 mins and finally someone responded. According to the lady, IRS offices has just reopened. Anything mailed is just now being processed and we should check in 6 weeks from Aug 01,2020. So 2nd week of September, I'm thinking. If then, u are still receiving the error message than call them back for further instructions. Another tip she provided, putting a tracking number on your envelope the next time. 😂I forgot to do that but I do pray my return made it to the IRS 🙌🙏Hope this helps you out. 8/17/20

phlvjc23

I thought I completed my electronic return several days ago, but when I went and tried to see if my return was accepted by the IRS, the system freezes before the updates procedure begins. Then, I can't even exit turbotax.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

You may need to perform a manual update to see the status in TurboTax first, if you are using TurboTax Desktop please see this: Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

Also, have you checked Where’s My Refund? it has the most up to date information available about your refund. The tool is updated daily (usually overnight) so you will just usually need to check once a day for progress.

@phlvjc23

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies