turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mehdiesadri
Returning Member

I have filed my taxes (federal state) for 2018 using Deluxe service with Electronic filing included. I still shows "Return Status: Started" for 2018!!

I check for status and it says not even filed!!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I have filed my taxes (federal state) for 2018 using Deluxe service with Electronic filing included. I still shows "Return Status: Started" for 2018!!

Ok ... so when you log in you just see that the status  is started ?  If so then you did not finish the filing process back in 2019.  Only you can submit the return ... just paying the TT fees in step 1 of the FILE tab is not enough, you had to complete all 3 steps.

All you can do now it print, ink sign the returns and mail them in. 

Of course on a side note since your question is talking about 2 things at the same time ...

Did you possible start the 2018 return using the online program and then switch to the downloaded version ???  If so open the 2018 program on your computer and see if you did finish the return and efiled it ...

If you used TurboTax CD/Download you can check your e-file status by opening the File menu and selecting Check E-filing status or by opening your return, selecting the File tab, and selecting the Check E-file Status header.

And when did you file?  You might have another account you actually filed from, that's common.  If you had a refund did you get it?  Does the federal or state say they didn't get your returns?

Do you remember getting any emails when you filed?  When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

is 2018 the correct year? did you received two emails. the first would have told you if it was successfully submitted. if so you would have received a second email saying accepted or rejected.   if you never got these then you never transmitted the return.   your only option is to obtain the 2018 desktop software.  contact support as they push you a free copy.  then you have to upload the .tax2018 file to complete, print and mail in your return. 

Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time (8-8 Eastern) Monday - Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

mehdiesadri
Returning Member

I realized I didn't get the confirmation emails. The returns where not accepted, but I paid the full amount due to IRS and was expecting return from the state. This is so embarrassing because I didn't get any information about my returns / tax filings not getting accepted and since I was moving I didn't pay enough attention. I already submitted a request to TurboTax for the desktop application access. Also, got my bank statement showing my transfer to IRS to be included in my filing. This was a paid service and I was expecting more information from TurboTax, that unfortunately didn't happen. I there any chance I can check what is missing?

Ok ... this is not the end of the world.  First print, ink sign and mail in the return asap ... do not worry that it has a balance due on it because it should even if you already paid it.   Then wait ... the IRS will catch the payment and marry it to the return automatically.   They may send you a late filing penalty letter ... again don't panic.  Respond to the notice requesting an abatement of the penalty  by simply stating you didn't realize the return did not go thru electronically ... this was an unintentional error and it will not happen again. 

Also file the state return by mail ... there are usually no penalties or interest applied to a late filed return when there is no balance due. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies