turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my taxes on January 27, 2020 and the were accepted January 28, 2020. When I log on to the IRS where is my refund. It says we have no information.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

58 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

I filed my taxes on January 27, 2020 and the were accepted January 28, 2020. When I log on to the IRS where is my refund. It says we have no information.

When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund (WMR) site, you may get the message: We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.

You might receive this message because:

• Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
    • If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait four weeks before using WMR.
  • If it's late January or early February, WMR can be overwhelmed by early filers. Call the WMR automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954.

Please click this TurboTax Help link Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Do you know if your return was accepted?

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

Or does your account say “Ready to Mail?”

Note: If it says “Ready to Mail” or “Printed” that means YOU have to mail it yourself.  TurboTax does not mail your tax return for you.

If the IRS accepted it, what does it say here? 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 20a of your Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

WISELUNA3
Returning Member

I got a email stating my federal taxes were accepted on january 28th 2020. What day should I get them by.

Same, my federal return was accepted on the Jan 22nd and my state return was approved on the 27th. I received my state return but never my federal return.

WISELUNA3
Returning Member

Same. My state was accepted on January 27 and got them january 30th. I'm hoping to get my federal soon. My fiance and I are in the process of moving from Kansas to Oklahoma.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS expects to issue most refunds in less than 21 days after being accepted. Turbotax gives an estimated date based on the IRS's 21 day timeframe. So it all depends on the IRS and how fast your tax return moves along in the system. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS.

When will I get my IRS tax refund?

Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) may experience a refund hold. The IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit in late February.

Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act

To track your Federal refund, visit the Where’s My Federal Refund? site  You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status

Note: You will need your social security number, filing status, and refund amount in order to track your refund.

If your return is still pending and not accepted yet by the IRS, you will need to wait until it's accepted to check the status on the IRS website. Be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. Also if you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees.

You can track the status of your state return by following the directions in the following TurboTax FAQ.

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

How do I track my state refund?

Why do some refunds take longer than others?

Hello I File my taxes on January 28, 2020 I’m still waiting on my refund everything that except it puts the waiting do you know how long it’s gonna take

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Everyone's refund disbursement will vary. To get updates on your personal return use the source below.

Where's my refund?

WISELUNA3
Returning Member

Thats hard when theres no bar anymore since Saturday

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. TurboTax updates what stage your return is in and the IRS site updates when you can expect your refund:

• E-filing status is what stage of the process your return is in.
  • Refund status is when you can expect your refund. 

Once your tax return has been submitted, the most up to date information will come from the IRS.

It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find a record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. 

Please see below for more information on what accepted means:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-accepted-mean/00/26285

See the video in this link for a really good explanation of the process: 

https://www.refundschedule.com/irs-wheres-refund-status-bars-disappeared/

WISELUNA3
Returning Member

My federal taxes have been proccessing since Jan 28th. When February 15th come I cant check my status on my federal return. All it says is its proccessing but that's it. I'm hoping to having them by the 28th since I claimed a child but I didnt get the child care credits.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Once you have submitted your return, Turbo Tax will receive no updates on the status of your return. 

It is best to check the Where's My Refund website located here

The status will only update once per day, and is done overnight. 

WISELUNA3
Returning Member

I check the its app and it just says return was received and being processed. I'm hoping I get the federal taxs soon since I didn't get any of the credits but it hasnt been 21 days yet

Abcdeff

I filed my taxes on january 28 it says accepted and the status has not changed what does that mean. Nothing new on the irs end either. It shows me a refund date of the 18 which is passed so how do I check my status of my refund

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies