turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

naugh1105

I applied for refund advance and didn't receive anything

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
Simplelife21
Returning Member

Most likely won’t receive anything until after the irs accept your return 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax does not have access to your approval or denial, if you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

You will be emailed instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

Your Turbo Card will arrive in the mail within 5-10 business days. The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. 

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email  with the general reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision.

Please review the TurboTax FAQ below for more information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7066850

The IRS will begin processing federal tax returns on January 27, 2020. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-planning-and-deadlines/help/when-will-the-irs-start-accepting-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was approved for the refund adavanc eand IRS accepted my refund. But I did not receive a link. I tried to contact the people at the Turbo Debit card number and they are absolutely no help. How do I get the link resent to me to set up temporary refund advance info

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

You should receive an email with instructions on how to create your online account. If you can’t find it, check your junk mail folder. The sender will be turboprepaidcard@email.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com. If you cannot locate it after checking your junk mail folder, or are having trouble creating an account, or logging into your Turbo Prepaid Card online account, please go to this link About the Refund Advance temporary card and choose "I can’t access my Refund Advance temporary card" for contact information.

Once the IRS accepts your e-filed return and if you are eligible and approved for Refund Advance (a 0% APR loan with $0 loan fees) and the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you will first

get a notice in 1 hour, to set up the account. Once the account is set up the money then hits the account w/in 48 hrs.

Related Information:

I applied for the advance loan but never received it on my debit card. My return was accepted

My return was accepted but I didn’t receive anything 

Simplelife21
Returning Member

Did u finally receive it? 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If approved for the Refund Advance, you should get your funds typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your e-filed return. You should also receive an email from Credit Karma when your Refund Advance funds are available. Be sure to check your spam folder in case it went there.

For information about the Refund Advance process, please see this TurboTax help article:  What's Refund Advance?

@Michaelharris8503

Hi I applied for the refund advanced and never received it

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies