Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Geneva12

How to track my refund

Hello is my refund on it way

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

How to track my refund

@Geneva12

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return.

Where’s My Refund? has the most up to date information available about your refund. The tool is updated daily (usually overnight) so you will just usually need to check once a day.

For more on the timing of your refund please see this TurboTax FAQ.

If you are anticipating a state tax return refund those processing times vary from state to state. To check on a state refund please visit your state Department of Revenue website.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
blpetras

How to track my refund

ETA on my return

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

How to track my refund

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return.  The IRS reports that they issue 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process. Where’s My Refund? has the most up to date information available about your refund. The tool is updated daily (usually overnight) so you will just usually need to check once a day.

For more on the timing of your refund please see this TurboTax FAQ.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

How to track my refund

@Smurphy456 You can track the status of your return on the IRS Where's My Refund? site? That is where you will find the most up-to-date information regarding the status of your tax return and a specific date of when to expect your refund. 

Per the IRS, most refunds are received within 21 days from the time a return has been accepted and a refund option is selected. 
For additional information, please see the TurboTax FAQ When will I get my IRS refund?

If it has been over 21 days since your tax return has been accepted, please see What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?  for information on contacting the IRS. 

How to track my refund

Where is my refund

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

How to track my refund

@BrendaLewis54 

Unfortunately, TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS once your return is "Accepted". If the Where’s My Federal Refund? site shows your tax return is processing,  during this time the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts. 

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date. 

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

Note: Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days approximately, for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account. 

Please see the links below for more information:

How to track my refund

Track my state refund

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

How to track my refund

Please click the TurboTax help link, listed below, to learn how to track your State return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433

Elizha1

How to track my refund

I just want to make sure I filed my taxes right

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

How to track my refund

@Elizha1 You can check your e-file status to make sure it was transmitted and if it was either accepted or rejected. Please see How do I check my e-file status? for additional information. 

Once your return has been accepted, you can then track the status on the IRS Where's My Refund site? That is where you will find the most up-to-date information regarding the status of your tax return and a specific date of when to expect your refund.  Per the IRS, most refunds are received within 21 days from the time a return has been accepted and a refund option is selected. For additional information, please see the TurboTax FAQ When will I get my IRS refund?

How to track my refund

Where is my intuit card i have been waiting 3 weeks. I WANT MY 12O.09 DOLLARS BACK FOR GETTONG THE DEKUXE OPTION. 

I WANT MY MONEY.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

How to track my refund

For any assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa, please click here to contact customer service. 

To discuss the product refund, you would need to contact customer service by clicking here

How to track my refund

The irs has accept my refone in February its the middle of April so why i have got a letter or anything?

How to track my refund

@Tyreese9631 wrote:

The irs has accept my refone in February its the middle of April so why i have got a letter or anything?

We won't know anything specific in a user community forum.  But many departments at the IRS are limited in staff or temporarily shut down.  So their processing and correspondence procedures are likely impaired.

On it's website the IRS says:

To protect the public and employees, and in compliance with orders of local health authorities around the country, certain IRS services such as live assistance on telephones, processing paper tax returns and responding to correspondence are extremely limited or suspended until further notice. All Taxpayer Assistance Centers remain temporarily closed as are many volunteer tax preparation sites until further notice. This will not affect the IRS's ability to deliver Economic Impact Payments, which taxpayers will begin receiving next week.

There are some things you should check in the meantime.  

If you efiled, you can double-check to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted.
If you used Online TurboTax, you can sign into your Online Account and check the efile status at the Tax Home.

If that showed it was accepted, you can use the "Where's My Refund" tool at the IRS website below to see what it says about the status of your Federal refund.  
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

NOTE: When using that tool, use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund.
The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies