turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i see what date i filed my tax returns last year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
DallasM

If you access the main TurboTax menu using the icon in the top left corner of your screen, you will see an option to access "My Tax Timeline". From there you can scroll down to view previous years tax returns.
Click on 2015 and then select "view e-file details". This should provide you with the date you filed.

As a side note: TurboTax online will most likely prompt you to upgrade to a higher version of TurboTax (ie, Deluxe, Premiere, PLUS, etc.). The reason it may require an upgrade is because you have been using the TurboTax "Federal Free" edition the past year, which does not allow you to view your previous years' tax return information. I just wanted to warn you of this in case TurboTax requires you to upgrade you are not surprised.

I hope this information helps. Best of luck!

Need date when taxes were filed for 2019

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@cathy speaks

You should have received an email letting you know your return was accepted. You can check that, or sign back in to your account.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mommyof6

How do i see what date i filed my tax returns for the year of 2018?

What date did I file my taxes

@Scottcho123 wrote:

What date did I file my taxes

If you e-filed your tax return the date/time it was transmitted and the date it was Accepted, if Accepted will be on the Electronic Postmark Report.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

AR691
Returning Member

How can I see when I filed for my last year's taxes the date I did them?

@AR691 wrote:

How can I see when I filed for my last year's taxes the date I did them?

If you e-filed your tax return the date/time it was transmitted and the date it was Accepted, if Accepted will be on the Electronic Postmark Report.

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Why is this filing date not easily accessible in the Turbo Tax software ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies