turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

How do I find my missing 2018 Turbo tax files

Do you have a specific question?  

If so, please comment so we can assist you.

@aproffetta

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
beaums

Turbotax want open

still waiting  they have been deleted 

How can I find my 2018 Turbo Taxes

@smithtubotaxes 2018 wrote:

How can I find my 2018 Turbo Taxes

You have to sign onto your 2018 online account using the exact same User ID you used to create the online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the User ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your 2018 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

m894523d
Returning Member

i have to amend it asap

IRS asking questions (4883C) about my 2018 return.

I cannot locate my copy

@billtillman Return to the thread you posted your question to --scroll up and read the reply from Champ DoninGA--the answer you are seeking was already in this thread.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

irs does not have a copy of my 2018 taxes. i sent them my copy last year they want it again this year

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

@hey galloway To find your 2018 tax return, you need to find the account you used that year. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information, How do I access a prior year return? - TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
E129

I bought a new computer and the tax files on my old computer could not be transferred to my new computer

E129

I filed my taxes for all the years 2017, 2018 and 2019 I just need copies of those tax returns

Why not?  Couldn't you access the hard drive?  You can usually use a flash drive to copy the files.  Do you need your 2019 return to transfer into 2020?  Did you use the Desktop program or the online version?  Or what do you need help with?

E129

I bought a new computer and these files could not be transferred to my new computer and I need them

E129

I don't know anything about this stuff. The person who sold me the computer said they transferred everything they could but they could not transfer these. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies