turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I contact support? There appears to be a calculation error in Form 2210 Part II, Line D which I cannot correct.

The form indicates it should be quarterly section, but there are three fields filled out. It also indicates that it should sum to the amount of reported withholding, but it does not (despite the values on that line adding up to the value).
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I contact support? There appears to be a calculation error in Form 2210 Part II, Line D which I cannot correct.

It looks like a programming error on the part of TurboTax.  Happened to me, too.  I looked at the error report which had an image of the worksheet and noted that the worksheet had four columns for withholding payments in 2020 when there should only be three periods.  I suspect that you filled out the information for Form 2210 before the 2/26/21 TurboTax update.  If you did, you provided information for four periods.  After the update TurboTax combined the first two periods into one period, but it appears that TurboTax left a "ghost" of you previous second period input in the worksheet and, presto, when they add all four columns in the worksheet it produces an error.  I fixed it by zeroing out the 2nd column in the worksheet in the error report.

While that solved that error, TurboTax is currently not filling out Part IV  of Form 2210 correctly.  I will solve that by switching to the H&R Block tax software next year.  This type of error is inexcusable two months into the tax season.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

It looks like a programming error on the part of TurboTax.  Happened to me, too.  I looked at the error report which had an image of the worksheet and noted that the worksheet had four columns for withholding payments in 2020 when there should only be three periods.  I suspect that you filled out the information for Form 2210 before the 2/26/21 TurboTax update.  If you did, you provided information for four periods.  After the update TurboTax combined the first two periods into one period, but it appears that TurboTax left a "ghost" of you previous second period input in the worksheet and, presto, when they add all four columns in the worksheet it produces an error.  I fixed it by zeroing out the 2nd column in the worksheet in the error report.

While that solved that error, TurboTax is currently not filling out Part IV  of Form 2210 correctly.  I will solve that by switching to the H&R Block tax software next year.  This type of error is inexcusable two months into the tax season.

billcheal
Returning Member

I agree that Turbo Tax is messed up here. So how do I correct this ?? I see no help from turbo tax.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for one-on-one support with this issue. Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact them: What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
THR1
Returning Member

I have the same issue.  How did you zero out the second column?  I have yet to figure out how to do that.

billcheal
Returning Member

This is just one of many problems I ran into with Turbotax this year. I have been using Turbotax for over 10 year. This years version seem to be the most error prone of all. This issue raised in this thread is just one of many I tripped across. As I remember, I solved the problem by brute force, overwriting the entry using "forms".

The ability to determine how the software obtains the amount that is used in a calculation is some times impossible to determine from the data the program shows to the user. It whit,  form 1040 line 13. The data is taken from form 8995. Opening this form shows an entry for qualified REIT dividends. Well, where did this figure come from? Intuit provides no help here. Before I submit a document, need to be sure that the numbers are correct but Intuit gives no hint how they arrived at the amount. I  had to download the form 8995 and its instructions before I was able to figure out how the amount was calculated.  Intuit need to do a much better job of showing the links to where the data was from.

I tend to agree with the other poster maybe I should look at other tax software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies