billcheal
Returning Member

After you file

This is just one of many problems I ran into with Turbotax this year. I have been using Turbotax for over 10 year. This years version seem to be the most error prone of all. This issue raised in this thread is just one of many I tripped across. As I remember, I solved the problem by brute force, overwriting the entry using "forms".

The ability to determine how the software obtains the amount that is used in a calculation is some times impossible to determine from the data the program shows to the user. It whit,  form 1040 line 13. The data is taken from form 8995. Opening this form shows an entry for qualified REIT dividends. Well, where did this figure come from? Intuit provides no help here. Before I submit a document, need to be sure that the numbers are correct but Intuit gives no hint how they arrived at the amount. I  had to download the form 8995 and its instructions before I was able to figure out how the amount was calculated.  Intuit need to do a much better job of showing the links to where the data was from.

I tend to agree with the other poster maybe I should look at other tax software.