turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How come after paying and filing it won't let me sign the bottom of my state return? And even so since their files I should get my refund soon right?

And also. That amount don't incluse the stimulus, correct?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How come after paying and filing it won't let me sign the bottom of my state return? And even so since their files I should get my refund soon right?

What do you mean by "sign the bottom?"   When you e-file there is no physical signature.  Your "signature" is electronic.  Many state forms are not ready---what does it say for yours?

There are a number of 2020 forms  — including the Form 1040 now that the 2nd stimulus passed — that are still being revised by the IRS and the states.  Click on the REVIEW tab to see what form(s) you are waiting for and when it is estimated to be ready (when operational ….and dates are subject to change) ... 

IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

·         

State Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Did you enter any Stimulus Check you received?  You have to enter it.  You can get any extra on your tax return.  Didn't you see the screen to enter it?

The Stimulus Checks are really based on your 2020 return we are filing in 2021.  So any amount you already got will be reconciled on your 2020 return line 30.  If you didn't get a Stimulus Check (and qualify) or you qualify for more it will be added to your 2020 return.  But the good news is if they paid you too much they won't take it back.

When you go through the federal review tab it will ask how much you got if any.  Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus."

Good post with online screenshots

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/filed-as-an-independent-and-single-but-haven-t-re...

Ok ... did you just  efile the federal return with no state  ???   

If so there is NOTHING you can do  UNTIL the federal return is either accepted or rejected once the IRS efiling opens hopefully at the end of this month.   Your account will remain  FROZEN until the feds do something ... until then you cannot do anything including filing the state return.   The State return can ONLY be filed at the same time as the fed   OR   after the fed has been accepted.  So all you can do now is wait.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies