Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I find out if there was a problem with my federal return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Why do you think there might be a problem?   We may be able to answer specific questions here in this forum.  Please keep in mind that it is a public forum and don't post any personal information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you filed your return and something is wrong, you will be rejected if what you put doesn't match what the IRS has on file. What makes you think that something is wrong with your return? If you entered everything correctly, there should be no need to worry.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

As @jamank stated, your return would most likely be rejected if anything is entered wrong such as verification information. ex: name, date of birth, social security numbers, etc. If the return is not rejected and they find errors later, they will make and necessary adjustments and send a notice by mail. If there is something you wish to add to the return and it has already been filed and accepted, then you will need to amend the return. If you need to make changes to a return that was already filed and accepted, please click here for instructions. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dtvitoux

I filed my return and it was accepted by federal, but when i went to check status, it has not yet been processed. I went back in and it said there was a problem with federal but when i reviewed it, it said it had already been accepted. Why am i not receiving an in process from IRS?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies