Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

j861208
Returning Member

Has anyone received their 2022-2023 Maryland refund yet?

It was accepted on 1/24/2023, but still no status update on its website.

Status Of Refund

Your return has not been processed. Please note that acknowledging receipt of your return takes place when your return has processed and it appears in our computer system. Refund status is updated once daily at approximately 10:30 a.m.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

22 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the information in this TurboTax FAQ here for information that is available to us for tracking your Maryland tax refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
j861208
Returning Member

Yes, I know how to track the refund.  I was asking if anyone had received their refund yet?  In past years Maryland is normally very quick (like with a few days quick), but this year it has been over a week and still not even showing as being processed.  It was accepted, but still not processed.

So, was just wondering if it is just me or if others are experiencing the same.

No one else has posted anything about the timing of  MD refunds.

mbb112674

I filed the same day (1/24) and mine still says it has not been processed either??? I remember it took longer than normal last year as well. 

Mines was accepted on January 24 and it still says it hasn’t been processed with that message about possible errors and audits. I’m hoping they’re just behind and the returns will be processed and approved soon. 

My Maryland was accepted on Jan 24, 2023. Maryland Comptroller has processed it as of 2/6/23. I wonder how long it will take them to send the funds. The status on here still says Accepted and on CK it says Pending...smh I hope there is no delay in receiving my funds. I hope there is a class action and I will never use them again. I've been with TT for 5 years and this is my first time using the advance. Never again

sb678912

Mine was approved today, DDD of 48 hours. 

My MD state says my refund was deposited into my direct deposit account today. I do not know how long it will take for me to see it in CK spend account. 🤔😥😊

Filed, accepted and processing on 1/24/23.  Was told in beginning of March systems went down. 3/15/23 I was told it will be released on 3/28/23. On 3/30/23 no deposit so I called back and was told to wait 7 business days for deposit. 4/6/23 guess what NO DEPOSIT. Called back and I refused to talk to anyone but a supervisor. I was told a supervisor would call back later in the day. No phone call at all. Today 4/7/23. I’m being told now it will be released on 4/28/23. And a supervisor would not talk to me but related a message through the operator that he is looking into it and to call back in 2 weeks. 

Similar situation, minus all the calling and being told to pound sand. TT says it was accepted on 3/14; I started checking at the MD portal about a week after and have been getting the "Your return has been received and is being processed" message ever since. Going on two months now with complete radio silence. Given that I can't find a single news article about delays, I'm assuming it's not widespread, but this is by far the slowest year since I moved here in 1992.

80 days and counting, no refund. E Filed accepted. Grrr...

I try to overpay a little to avoid penalties because MD penalties are so high. But then you deal with this crap getting your money back!!??

YT63
Returning Member

Mine got accepted  and processed since 4/19/2023, but I still haven't got approval/refund. MD tax return processing used to be only 2-3 days (e-file). It's been more than 3 weeks.  I'm not sure what's going on this year. 

We have 3 tax clients (all live outside of Maryland) who have not received their MD income tax withheld on the sale of their Maryland homes.  All 3 clients filed on time and did not have MD income.  None of the clients have received notices from the Comptroller of Maryland.

First the TT program is not for paid tax pros who have "clients" so I hope you are properly using a professional tax program.

Next, as a tax pro you should be seeking information directly from the state.  No one here at this public forum will be able to help you find these refunds.  Things to investigate ... did you efile the state return? Was it accepted?  If so is it in processing?  Ask the state for more information to see why the refunds are being delayed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies