turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MLOPEZ1

Has anyone acceptance date changed from feb 3 to feb 19

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The IRS has not started processing returns as of yet. The IRS will begin processing returns on January 27th. What you are seeing is an estimated acceptance date, which can and do change.

There is no way for TurboTax to know what day your return will get accepted once the IRS begins processing returns. Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more about refunds being accepted. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-accepted-mean/00/26285

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
everettreasons19
Returning Member

My refund status said “accepted” Feb 11,2021, it went from accepted to “still processing” and hasn’t changed since. After a two how hold to speak to a rep from IRS, she said that my taxes were not accepted until the 1st of March. She said she couldn’t even look to see what the hold up is because it hadn’t been 21 days since they had been accepted. I explained to her that my accepted date was Feb 11, and asked how that date could change. She had no answers for me and said I could only call back after 21 days from March 1st. I keep trying to get some feedback but turbo tax, but the question search is not giving me answers to how the date changed. This was the question I have came across remotely close to my situation. Does anyone know how the accepted dates changed?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

With the IRS filing delay and backlog this tax season due to COVID closing the offices and leaving the IRS with very few employees working for the past year, the IRS has not stated how long it will take to deposit tax refunds and the deposit dates can continue to change. Your tax refund may be deposited in your bank account before the IRS has a chance to update your information on the Where's My Refund website.

Please click IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
everettreasons19
Returning Member

None of these q&a’’s are explaining to me how my Refund accepted date  changed.  “Where’s My Refund”, went from “received”Feb 11”and changed to “still processing” about a week later. When I asked a rep from IRS what the delay was, she said she can’t give me answer unless it’s been more than 21 days since they received my tax refund. She said they just barely received them March 1, and because it hadn’t been over 21 days since March first she also couldn’t answer my question of how the received date changed by almost 3 weeks. Is this normal for the status dates to change?

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@everettreasons19 The IRS status's that will appear on the Where’s My Refund? tool are as follow:

Received >Processing > Approval > Refund Sent. What you are seeing is all normal.

The messages and bars on the Where’s My Refund? tool change all of the time; and sometimes the same message is displayed continuously, or the bars disappear entirely (they may return later).  The disappearance of the bars, as a stand-alone action, signifies nothing important at all. The behavior that you observe is more likely an indicator that your tax return (and refund) is simply moving through the processing system. 

Please in keep in mind that the IRS doesn't always move as fast as taxpayers would like (especially when waiting for a refund).  Also taxpayers who report certain items of income (such as self-employment) or certain tax credits (such as dependent care) can experience longer wait times for the IRS to process their original tax return, and ultimately issue a tax refund.

Once your return has been accepted, only the IRS knows the status of processing your tax return, whether you owe taxes or are due a refund. 

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

In prior years, the IRS issued more than 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days last year. The same results are expected for 2021.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ link below for more information:

Manage cookies