turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Got a letter to id verify so i did on Mar 02 2020. I filed Jan 28th 2020. I don't even have an estimated date. Kinda frustrating all my years of filing ive never been chosen to verify. I need my cash

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Got a letter to id verify so i did on Mar 02 2020. I filed Jan 28th 2020. I don't even have an estimated date. Kinda frustrating all my years of filing ive never been chosen to verify. I need my cash

Per the IRS website: Once we verify your identity and confirm you submitted the tax return, we'll continue processing your return. It will take approximately nine weeks to process. Please see the IRS link Understanding Your 4883C Letter for additional information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gmc1
Level 1

Same exact thing... I did the ID Verify online 3/3 and was successful, but now, 16 days later still no update! Just says "still being processed." I've called twice and was told they can't really see what's going on but generally I'll need to wait 6 weeks. So frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm not alone on this one! Lol don't worry you'll get it soon .I finally have a deposit date! It took 20 days after the id verify 🙂 @gmc1 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Patience is a virtue when dealing with the IRS. They do ask you if it has not been processed after 60 days, to contact the IRS to request an update. 

You can contact the IRS by following the instructions here

gmc1
Level 1

@jocelyn266 Yay!! Do you mind me asking...whats your estimated DD date?

I dont mind at all. My DD date was March 25.  @gmc1 

dpearce

If we can't verify online the only options are credit card number or loan account numbers which I don't have either. And the verify id telephone is not automated. How can I verify my Id???????? I misplaced my letter..plz help

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

The following IRS page lists the items needed for identity verification:  https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/identity-verification

TurboTax does not have any information beyond this.  If you need further assistance with the process, you will need to speak directly with an IRS agent.  However, at this time IRS live phone assistance is not available.  When it becomes available again, go here for steps to reach a live IRS agent when you call.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies