Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jtk1014
Returning Member

e-filed on 1/31/21, still have not received accepted/rejected email

I e-filed on 1/31 using Turbotax Desktop Premier.  It's now been four days since the IRS officially started processing returns. In previous years I have received an accepted or rejected notice within hours of filing. I called the IRS today and they said to check with my tax preparer (TurboTax).  I called TurboTax support twice and they were of no help, and I just got disconnected after waiting 45 mins to speak to someone.  I'm not sure what to do here.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

MY RETURN IS IN PENDING—what does that mean?

Did you e-file?  Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”  If so, your return is now in “pending” on a server.  Do not try to change anything while your return is in pending. If your return is rejected you will be able to make corrections before re-filing.

The IRS just began accepting/rejecting 2020 returns on Friday, February 12, 2021.  You need to watch your emails for the acceptance/rejection notice that may take until mid-February or later to arrive.   And watch your spam folder too.   There are a LOT of e-files on servers so it may be several days after the IRS opens before you get an email.  There are so many returns waiting —kind of like trying to put the ocean through a garden hose.  

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

A state return cannot be accepted until the federal return has been accepted.  And it is very common for it to take an extra day or more for the state return to be accepted.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I filed on 2/25/2021 and I have not received any emails from TurboTax nor the government.  Same thing last year, no emails.  What gives?  And I called TurboTax to report this issue,  they give you a contact phone number and a support id code but all it does is repeat itself when you call. You cannot get through.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Have you checked your junk/spam folder? You may need to contact your e-mail provider about not receiving your messages from TurboTax nor the IRS. 

You can check your e-file status. If it's been accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site.  You will need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status.

Please click When will I get my IRS tax refund? to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes of course I have checked my spam mail.  This is a TurboTax issue/problem.  If my email address is entered correctly, which it is, it comes down to it being a TurboTax issue with their software. Happened last year as well.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@finallyfenix

You can always check your e-file status. This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to check your e-file status, as this is something we will not know.  How do I check my e-file status? E-file status

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS. Where's my refund?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies