turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Downloading 2017 and 2018 tax returns for financial aid purposes.

I have been following the process to download my previous year's tax returns, however I keep getting stuck in an infinite loop trying to do so. 

-I log into my account
-I click on Your tax returns and documents
-I click Download/print return (PDF)

This prompts me to:
1. Go to your Intuit Account

2. Select the Data & Privacy tab

3. Download your Intuit data

I click on the link to go to my account and I sign in. I then click on "Your Privacy" at the top of the page and scroll down and click on "Download data" under the "Privacy in action" section.

All that this does is send me to the "Let's see if we can find you" page where it requests my personal information. If I click on "Already know you have an Intuit Account? Sign in" it just takes me back to the list of Intuit products to select one to sign in to. If I select "TurboTax" it starts the loop over again where I would need to click on "Your tax returns & documents" and so on. 

If I fill out the information in the "Let's see if we can find you" section instead of clicking on "Already know you have an Intuit Account? Sign in" it states to "Check your email for updates" and when I click "Done" the website wants to verify that it is me, which I do and have done at least 6 times now trying to troubleshoot the issue and verify that I'm not doing something wrong, which apparently I must be otherwise I wouldn't be posting this here. Once I verify my information it still states to "Check your email for updates" and upon clicking "Done" t takes me back to the Privacy and Security page. 

Up until this point, I have not received any emails regarding the above issue and have no idea how to access my data and previous returns. I've contacted the company requesting this information and they will not accept a Transcript from the IRS, so I'm out of options at this point.

Please help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

There is a problem with the process to access your prior year online tax returns.  Contact TurboTax support on Monday for assistance.

Support is open from 5am to 9pm Pacific time, Monday thru Friday

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

GabiU
Level 15

Thank you for reporting this experience here on the community. 

Screenshots are helpful if you're able to provide one to us. You can post them here on this thread, just ensure that no personal data is visible in the screenshot. 

We're looking forward to hearing back from you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies