Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sg61

denied credit karma rapid advance with no explanation email

I was denied for credit karma rapid advance, and haven't gotten the email to explain why,.  I meet all the requirements, and I have very good credit. one of the possible reasons is that there may be a problem with my tax filing.   Obviously that made me question, whether I should continue filing or investigate if there was a problem.  I reached out to turbo tax and they suggested I paid an extra $34 for a live assistant.    Still no answer and find it strange that two companies working together created this situation.  I've used Turbo tax for years, but I doubt I will continue to do so, if I don't get a straight answer.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

NO ONE at  TT support will be able to tell you why the PROCESSING BANK denied you the advance for any price so do not pay more.  Look for the email in your spam folder and be aware it does NOT come from TT so you may have it and not know it.

When will I get my Refund Advance?

You could receive your Refund Advance funds in as little as one minute after the IRS accepts your e-filed federal tax return. The IRS is estimated to begin accepting tax returns in late January. If you filed your taxes with TurboTax, and opted into data sharing, you can track your federal refund using your Credit Karma account. Your refund tracker will appear shortly after you file your federal tax return.

Go to this section in Credit Karma: Refund tracker

You'll receive an email from Credit Karma when your Refund Advance funds are available to spend. You'll receive a physical card in the mail in 7-14 days. 

Your remaining federal and entire state refund (minus any fees you agreed to pay to TurboTax) will be deposited to your Credit Karma Money Spend account when the IRS distributes your refund. The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days, though it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer to process.

How will I know if I’ve been approved for a Refund Advance?

You should receive an email from Credit Karma when your Refund Advance funds are deposited. 

If your Refund Advance is denied, you should receive an email from First Century Bank (the bank issuing the Refund Advance loans) letting you know.

sg61

Yep, I’ve checked my spam folders and nothing. 

sg61

On the phone with credit karma and they said that I have to call turbo tax.   they have a back and forth and no one seems to know how to clarify unless I pay an extra $34.  Next time I should I just go see a real live accountant and probably pay less with all these extra fees.

Okay so check this out they did the same thing to me TurboTax told me credit karma denied me I finally got a hold of a supervisor and credit card and they said that they never even received any of my information for a rapid advance except to apply for the card TurboTax is still standing by that but yet if you go in your documents and you look it says TurboTax already got paid out of my advanced so I really have a feeling that TurboTax is getting our advance and they're playing with it they're holding it they're either investing it or real quick and I finally like I said got a hold of someone at turbo or at credit karma and they said nope we haven't received anything on you but TurboTax swears up and down that I was denied by credit karma

Oh and PS I paid TurboTax $37 I should have went to h&r block I would have my refund the next day

Okay one more thing when I went and looked at all my tax documents instead of my bank account on the routing number and bank account number it had into its Bank that a and whatever it is their Bank routing number on there if I was denied we were supposed to get a letter immediately from the bank I've looked at everything and researched everything online I'm going to file a lawsuit I know exactly what they are doing with the money and hoy they think their little disclaimer thinks that it can protect them and put a shelter on them well they're wrong put it this way I have five people in my immediate family that are either district federal judges or district attorneys or private lawyers they'll tear it apart

mmjhnsn7

How were you able to get on a call with Credit Karma? I have been trying to find a way to actually call them? I really need to speak with them regard the Rapid Refund loan. I keep getting message that says that they are unable to verify my personal information and that the Turbo Tax client and the Credit Karma client has to be the same person, AND IT IS! I have triple checked and ALL the informatoin matches. 

Can you PLEASE tell me how to get in touch with Credit Karma? Please?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please contact Credit Karma on their Contact Us page. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was told I was goin to get a refund advance, which I never gotten. Now my irs refund was deposited into my new credit karma spend account which it’s missing the exact amount they said I was approved for . I called credit karma they said to call turbo tax. I don’t even care I don’t get the money upfront like they said but I’ll will definitely not be robbed of my advance in total. I just want my money that is missing & no one has answers. They are goin to experience a major lawsuit if this doesn’t get resolved soon. I will not allow that money to just disappear. 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

First, check the IRS 'Where's My Refund?' link for the amount that the IRS released to you. Is that the same amount as on your tax return?  If not, then the IRS made changes, and you will get a letter from them explaining why they did so. 

Second, check your TurboTax fees to see what your tax prep charges are.  Subtract that amount from your IRS Refund amount. 

Third, did you elect to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Refund?  If so, your Refund went to Santa Barbara Bank, who took out the TurboTax fees you found above in step 2, plus a $40 processing fee, and sent the rest to your Credit Karma account.

Here's more info on Pay With My Refund.

If you still feel you did not get your full refund, let us know and we'll try to help.

@Whysolefly 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies