turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Chuckgt7

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

The turbo tax debit card has a routine g number and account number associated with it, so I would think it would be the same as any other bank account for direct deposit.

B4a5l93

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Do you have any updated information for people who had tax return put on a turbo card? Tia

Hello i was just wondering if id be getting the package or not 

@B4a5l93 -- @Critter gave the most current information two posts above you. To summarize: If you did NOT have TurboTax fees withheld from your refund, then the refund AND stimulus check will both go to your Turbo Card like any other bank account or prepaid card. If TurboTax fees were withheld, the current status is unknown.

Nawf
Level 2

Could you provide a reference for this info? I didn't find any statement from the treasurery department online that you provided.

KathyGabe5
Returning Member

Do you know when the IRS will put the site up where you can change bank info. I have the turbo tax card. and I can't wait months to get a check 

Atikal100

Please let us change it!! I can not wait 5 months

@Atikal100 - not sure of your reference to 5 months, other than someone expecting a check (and not direct deposit) with an income of over $140,000.

Press reports from yesterday are the direct deposits are now expected to occur between April 9 and April 14 for taxpayers with those on social security (and no tax return) to follow in the two weeks after that..  

The checks will then be issued BASED ON YOUR INCOME beginning April 24.  They will  be processed in $10,000 earnings increments weekly.  So those with incomes below $10,000 would receive then beginning April 24, those with $20,000 earnings would be expected to receive them the week of May 1, etc. 

this is the best article I've read on the plan from a reputable source 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/irs-to-begin-issuing-1200-coronavirus-payments-april-9-but-s...

So brandilo that link you told everyone to follow that states it was updated yesterday is a joke. It’s still saying the stimulus bill hasn’t passed. Don’t tell us to follow a stupid link just answer people!!!!

chris

hey critter ty for your posts, I have read this whole thread. quick question

I'm not entirely sure if fees were taken out, at the order detail page it says 0 and for state and fed so maybe I got the free version.

my real question is the routing number for the card and on page 2 on for dd matches, but the account number doesn't. does this matter? tyty

If you used a FREE version then you did not need the processing bank ... so  save a PDF of the return and look at the filing instruction page to see where the refund was sent ...  the routing number for the bank is the same for everyone using that bank ... the account number is user specific ... that is your account number only.  

chris

thank you again. i am empathetic to you having to repeatedly answer the same question.

on the tt debit card site (greendot) it list both the routing and account number.

on the pdf the routing number matches but not the account number.

take your time I'm not panicking

your situation is the one many do not see that is causing the confusion. If the account numbers match then the money will go to the card. If the account numbers do not match then there is a different account the money is going to. If it is a third party then they need to figure out how that will be handled or if it will just get bounced back if the account is closed. Also check if you have a second account through greendot, a prior or different card and check that account number

So what's the update now? Because the stimulus package was passed and now y'all are playing with money that people are actually depending on for bills and food!?!?! Your link isn't updated.... Get with the program smh I'll never use y'all again if this is going to cause a problem for me and my household!!! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies