DEANNA08

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

same here getting that card was the worst mistake ever. No fees but being limited to how I withdraw my money is frustrating.  I went to my back to have them so a transfer of funds and it declined it. Had to pay to use the ATM to withdraw which cost fees and having to do that multiple times adds up. I'll be trashing this card soon as the funds are gone. However in the next coming weeks they are suppose to be creating a website for people who would like to update payment info. Keep an eye out for that soon.

Maybe ... details still to come if you used the refund processing option to have the TT fees withheld from the fed refund  ...  https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

SO look at your 2019 form 1040 at the DD info on page 2 ... if that is the same DD info for the Debit card you have then the IRS already has the card info and will send it there automatically.  

If not then it is still to be determined if the deposit will go thru the third party processing bank like the original refund  OR  if you will need to change that DD info in the IRS portal to be built  OR  just get a check. 

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Patience will be needed while hard working folks are trying their best to develop and implement  this distribution DURING a tax season AND a pandemic.  

Chuckgt7

The turbo tax debit card has a routine g number and account number associated with it, so I would think it would be the same as any other bank account for direct deposit.

B4a5l93

Do you have any updated information for people who had tax return put on a turbo card? Tia

Michael2gone

Hello i was just wondering if id be getting the package or not 

RBBrittain

@B4a5l93 -- @Critter gave the most current information two posts above you. To summarize: If you did NOT have TurboTax fees withheld from your refund, then the refund AND stimulus check will both go to your Turbo Card like any other bank account or prepaid card. If TurboTax fees were withheld, the current status is unknown.

Nawf

Could you provide a reference for this info? I didn't find any statement from the treasurery department online that you provided.

KathyGabe5

Do you know when the IRS will put the site up where you can change bank info. I have the turbo tax card. and I can't wait months to get a check 

Atikal100

Please let us change it!! I can not wait 5 months

NCperson

@Atikal100 - not sure of your reference to 5 months, other than someone expecting a check (and not direct deposit) with an income of over $140,000.

Press reports from yesterday are the direct deposits are now expected to occur between April 9 and April 14 for taxpayers with those on social security (and no tax return) to follow in the two weeks after that..  

The checks will then be issued BASED ON YOUR INCOME beginning April 24.  They will  be processed in $10,000 earnings increments weekly.  So those with incomes below $10,000 would receive then beginning April 24, those with $20,000 earnings would be expected to receive them the week of May 1, etc. 

this is the best article I've read on the plan from a reputable source 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/irs-to-begin-issuing-1200-coronavirus-payments-april-9-but-s...

Crawfordkara1990

So brandilo that link you told everyone to follow that states it was updated yesterday is a joke. It’s still saying the stimulus bill hasn’t passed. Don’t tell us to follow a stupid link just answer people!!!!

chris

hey critter ty for your posts, I have read this whole thread. quick question

I'm not entirely sure if fees were taken out, at the order detail page it says 0 and for state and fed so maybe I got the free version.

my real question is the routing number for the card and on page 2 on for dd matches, but the account number doesn't. does this matter? tyty

If you used a FREE version then you did not need the processing bank ... so  save a PDF of the return and look at the filing instruction page to see where the refund was sent ...  the routing number for the bank is the same for everyone using that bank ... the account number is user specific ... that is your account number only.