Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Norma1953
Returning Member

Change my bank information

No. Turbo tax asked for bank info.

I changed it and it didn't go to irs. 

I guess I wait for old account to bounce back deposit back?

4 weeks to get a mailed chek for stimulus 

It depends.  You can try updating your bank account with the IRS.  They It will use the last known bank account (from your tax return) but you can change it after you file.   Here is information about how to tell the IRS about your direct deposit if you wish to change it. 

@Norma1953

Norma1953
Returning Member

Thanks. This is my stimulus check. If Turbo got it a direct deposit would have happened by now. I owed irs money  so believe me they suck everything.  I hope they don't think my stimulus is their money too.

Its too late to change for that. 

Yes, you are correct, our customers continue to have questions regarding the Economic Impact Payments (EIP), and we’re continuing to work with the IRS for guidance. We’re updating our customer and expert-facing articles with information as soon as we get it.  Please see the following link about late payments: What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

Here is an FAQ with updated links and information:  Review the new FAQs in the article, How will the third stimulus impact me? 

Here is a TurboTax article about the American Rescue Plan

The IRS is reviewing implementation plans for the newly enacted American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Additional information about a new round of economic impact payments, including the unemployment benefit will be forthcoming.

The IRS strongly urges taxpayers not to file amended returns related to the new legislative provisions or take other unnecessary steps at this time. The IRS will provide taxpayers with additional guidance on those provisions that could affect their 2020 tax return, including the retroactive provision that makes the first $10,200 of 2020 unemployment benefits nontaxable.

@Norma1953

For those who haven't filed yet, the IRS will provide a worksheet for paper filers and work with software industry to update current tax software so that taxpayers can determine how to report their unemployment income on their 2020 tax return.

TurboTax is developing the software required to process all of the new conditions.

cheyrii9e7J
Returning Member

routing number [number removed]

account number [number removed]

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please do not post your personal information in Community as this is a public forum. Do you have a specific question we can assist you with? 

@cheyrii9e7J

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Timstovall1966
Returning Member

My name is Timothy stovalli need to check on my banking information 

Timstovall1966
Returning Member

• What can I do
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

You can not change your banking information once you have filed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What if my deposits was accepted and the bank hasn't rejected the deposit but  I was off one digit in my account number. Now I don't have my refund nor my stimulus

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

However, the IRS assumes no responsibility for tax preparer or taxpayer error. Please reach out to the financial institution that accepted the transaction for the wrong person to recover your funds. 

Otherwise, the information must be updated as soon as possible for the future.

For excellent details on what to do, see: IRS: What should I do if I entered an incorrect routing or account number for direct deposit of my r...

To reach the IRS, call 1-800-829-1040 Monday through Friday 7 AM - 7 PM. If it is difficult to get through, then: 

@Lillieknutter09

What if it is still being processed, can I still change it? And I owe $225. To turbo tax, but I haven't received my federal taxes. It is still being processed. Not my fault.

@Scubasteveo wrote:

What if it is still being processed, can I still change it? And I owe $225. To turbo tax, but I haven't received my federal taxes. It is still being processed. Not my fault.

Once a tax return has been filed and accepted you cannot change the method or means to receive a tax refund.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of the account fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

Passion29

I no longer use that account number you have on file. I have a new account. Thanks 

Lillie M. Haney

@Passion29 

We are not sure why you are telling us that your bank account is different.

The only time you can change banking information in TurboTax is when you are ready to file your next tax return---then you can enter banking information in the FILE section before you file.   There is no other time that you can enter new banking information here to submit it to the IRS.    The only time banking information goes from TurboTax to the IRS is when you file a tax return and enter the information during the filing process.

If the banking information you entered on your tax return for your 2020 refund is now incorrect, then the refund will be sent back to the IRS and the IRS will mail a check to the address on your tax return.

If you are referring to an Advantage account that you will use to purchase your 2021 tax software:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900547-how-do-i-update-or-confirm-the-info-in-my-turbotax-advanta...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies