turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tjkem05

Billing Notice - Why are you billing me?

I also received this email. It’s not fair!  I have used TurboTax for over 10 years and this is how you appreciate your customers.   

These 2 years have been unprecedented so if you need more time then follow the email instructions to timely request a delay ... if you don't do it timely then they cannot stop the debit process.  

Maybe if they gave you more than 3 days between notice and debit to find the email and “promptly” let them know that you can’t afford it. 

3 days?  They send out 4 emails before debiting your account.  Check your spam folder.

I searched all of my emails, I had one notice, 3 days before my debit date. Also, I have the app installed on my phone and was receiving multiple notifications to remind me to file, but they couldn’t mange a notification directly to the app/phone to warn us about this??? Shady

I also think it’s really funny that some of these “community members” that are commenting are clearly intuit employees whose job is trying to “put people in their place” in the forum where we have every right to complain. 

@ Kjgeorge4911 wrote:

I also think it’s really funny that some of these “community members” that are commenting are clearly intuit employees whose job is trying to “put people in their place” in the forum where we have every right to complain. 

This time of year, after tax season, it's very unlikely anyone from TurboTax/Intuit will read comments in the user forum and rarer still for them to comment here.  During tax season they do bring onboard part-time help hired seasonally to answer tax and program questions, and those posters will have an employee/expert "badge" next to their forum display name.  The "Champ" badge you'll see displayed by some users represents an experienced long-time user, distinguished from an employee.   Without other users responding in the community forum, then this time of year a user's comments would likely receive no response at all in this venue.  A lot of people are helped each day by other users.

If you want to make your issue and dissatisfaction known to the folks at TurboTax, here's a way:

To contact the Intuit Corporate office, you can go to the page below. Just below the page's large title, you'll see a screen-wide blue banner that prominently says:

"Do you have a question, concern, or feedback about an Intuit product or service?"

There is a "Send an email" link with an arrow.  It goes to a designated person in the office of the President of Intuit, and they supposedly will assign it to the right team for review.

NOTE:  Do NOT send any sensitive personal data since that is regular email--not secure email.

https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

again, why not have ur "experts," tell us this in the beginning? Cuz its easy to get money from struggling citizens, that's why. You guys give some bs backpedal because TT is down bad rn. then give an option to an email people might not check because you know that. eff off

"unlikely" bruh you don't know anything. 

I know folks are going to say I am unfeeling however the truth of the matter is you used a process that you did not fully  understand when you signed the bank contract.   Only users 18 or older can sign a contract due to contract law  so you have to take responsibility as an adult for your own actions.    I know  you are upset with the IRS backlog situation  you find yourself in and that  you cannot do anything about but it is not the fault of TT or the processing bank  as they have no more control or influence than you do with how  long the IRS takes to  process the return.   

When you filed the return the program verified your email account so you could get all the notices ... why they did not get to you is a browser/email  situation on your end. 

For future returns ...

If you qualify   you can use one of  the 10 IRS FREE FILE options to file a fed & state return for free ... but you must log in thru the IRS site :

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

For Filing Season 2021, you must make $72,000 or below to use one of the 10  IRS Free File partner offers.

Not only is there not any language about it but I used turbo tax so I could get not have any problems because it was my first year filing self employed; well obviously I haven’t received it and shouldn’t have to pay a fee period because it seems that there must be a problem with my return ; so either take it out of my refund or don’t take it at all ; 

SM86

They’re telling me the same thing.  How unfair.  Never have I ever had that happen.  I thought they got paid when we got our refund.  I’ve also never had a refund take this long with any other company.  I’m very upset. 

Think of it this way  ... if you rent a car then the car rental place would want to be paid for the service.  The fact that  a blizzard happened  and could not get out of town as desired doesn't negate the contract you signed. It is not the car rental company's fault that you did not go on vacation as planned ... they had no control over the weather. 

Same thing here ...  Turbotax is simply a program to help you complete  a tax return that can be filed and nothing more.  They did their job and you agreed to pay for the use of the program within a certain time frame.  At no time was a guarantee made of when (or if)  the refund would be released  since they have no control over the IRS processing timeline.   All the other DIY  and professional tax programs work the same way ... they all want to be paid timely.  This year   Taxpayers who used any   tax programs are finding themselves  in the same boat ... no one is immune.   Mailed in returns are taking even longer to process than an efiled returns. 

Due to understaffing and over tasking at the IRS again this year many returns will be delayed for as much as months.  The aging computer system is being over taxed trying to process millions of  2019 returns and 2020 returns (some of which will need extra processing this year due to the late tax law changes)  AND putting out the third stimulus payments.  If you want to vent to someone then contact your  local congress person and demand they fund the IRS sufficiently so that they can hire enough people and update their computer systems to handle all of the demands made upon this agency.  The IRS  can only do so much with the continued reductions to their budget. 

alleane3

They are charging me 25$ every time you send this thru over drafting my account and I have yet to receive a payment can you please put this on hold until further notice or until Sept 2you can put 1/2 thru and 1/2 Oct 2 that would not be a problem at all please let me know

@alleane3 wrote:

They are charging me 25$ every time you send this thru over drafting my account and I have yet to receive a payment can you please put this on hold until further notice or until Sept 2you can put 1/2 thru and 1/2 Oct 2 that would not be a problem at all please let me know

I'm sorry, but this is a user community forum--not a direct route to TurboTax Support.    Unfortunately, no one can help you with anything account-specific in this forum.  You need to speak to the folks at TurboTax and ask them for a deferment.    And if you were charged overdraft fees, inform them of that, since you have some recourse for the overdraft fees.

First see this FAQ on what you are experiencing.  

FAQ:  Why was my bank account auto-debited for the TurboTax fees?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

If their auto-debits have caused you to incur overdraft/non-sufficient fees (NSF fees), you have some recourse for the overdraft fees.  You will have to talk to Support to inform them of the situation and get an Incident Number from the person who takes your report, then see this FAQ:

FAQ: How to submit a non-sufficient funds (NSF) case for review:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/submit-an-nsf-fee-case-for-review/00/25701

NOTE:  As the FAQ says, you should redact  (black out) other personal info such as the account number, etc.

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

You can use the phone number displayed in the first FAQ above, or you can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies